Impersonation in ASP.net 1.1 on IIS 5.0

Discussion in 'Software' started by sitaramig, May 30, 2007.

  1. sitaramig

    sitaramig

    Joined:
    May 30, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Hi,

    I am logging as Helpdesk Agent into my web apllication(AD/NTPasswordReset), But Helpdesk Agent does not have User's password reset previligies on Active Directory or NT Domain Controller. Only Active Directory Admin on Windows 2000 can reset the Active Directory / Windows NT Domain USER password. So The HELPDESK AGENT needs to impersonate Active Directory ADMIN to reset AD/NT USER password.

    Active Directory is on Windows 2000
    Windows NT manchine used as PDC
    ASP.NET 1.1, IIS 5.0, C#, SQL Server 2000.

    Authentication is BASIC

    I want configure the IIS or Web.config, so that HELPDESK AGENT can be able to impersonate Active Directory ADMINISTRATOR.

    I add <identity impersonate = true /> element in web.config

    I want to directly config that in IIS without using username and password attributes in Identity element.

    if not possible please help me with how do we encrypt the username and password in identity element in web config.

    <identity impersonate = "true"
    userName = "ADRemoteDomainServerNamer\Administrator"
    password = "password"/>

    Please help us with this problem

    -Sitaram
    sitaramig, May 30, 2007