    on to impersonating him. Both may well fall foul of the situation yet.

    I await the next developement with glee to see what these two get up to
    next.

    Blister Pak, Nov 2, 2004

  2. Blister Pak wrote:
    > I have been watching the Collector Harry thing closely, it amuses me to
    > see them at it.

    personally I think Harry is just being a dumbarse here, I mean it's one
    thing to post messages berating everything that another says, but to
    impersonate is going a tad too far IM(not so)HO

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 2, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 2/11/2004 13:52:
    > Blister Pak wrote:
    >
    >> I have been watching the Collector Harry thing closely, it amuses me
    >> to see them at it.

    > personally I think Harry is just being a dumbarse here, I mean it's one
    > thing to post messages berating everything that another says, but to
    > impersonate is going a tad too far IM(not so)HO

    Thats about the feeling I have.

    I must congratulate NIN they run a great newserver and have terrific
    admins. It took me less than an hour to have the impersonating account
    cancelled at NIN. I shant say why they accepted my complaint and acted
    so quickly but suffice to say it was a violation of there terms and
    conditions in a big way. It did surpise me to get a reply as quickly as
    I did, they must have dedicated admins work at all sorts of hours.

    --

    RIP Harry impersonating me via News Individual Net
    Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E | |

    Collector»NZ, Nov 2, 2004
  4. Blister Pak said the following on 2/11/2004 13:37:
    > I have been watching the Collector Harry thing closely, it amuses me to
    > see them at it.
    >
    > I notice collector posting that harry has impersonated him and yep it
    > sure looks like it with the headers, though he caught on quick and
    > changed providers to continue.
    >
    > It appears that collector will slam any nonsense posts by harry while
    > leaving valid posts alone. Harry on the other hand has no idea and moves
    > on to impersonating him. Both may well fall foul of the situation yet.
    >
    > I await the next developement with glee to see what these two get up to
    > next.

    The next step was that I had the offending account terminated at NIN

    Collector»NZ, Nov 2, 2004
  5. In article <4186d488$1_5@127.0.0.1> in nz.comp on Tue, 02 Nov 2004
    13:37:19 +1300, Blister Pak <> says...
    > I have been watching the Collector Harry thing closely, it amuses me to
    > see them at it.
    >
    > I notice collector posting that harry has impersonated him and yep it
    > sure looks like it with the headers, though he caught on quick and
    > changed providers to continue.
    >
    > It appears that collector will slam any nonsense posts by harry while
    > leaving valid posts alone. Harry on the other hand has no idea and moves
    > on to impersonating him. Both may well fall foul of the situation yet.
    >
    > I await the next developement with glee to see what these two get up to
    > next.

    Some people should just get a life... Do you have any real friends
    outside this forum?

    Patrick Dunford, Nov 2, 2004
  6. In article <> in nz.comp on Tue, 02 Nov 2004
    14:01:55 +1300, Collector»NZ <> says...
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 2/11/2004 13:52:
    > > Blister Pak wrote:
    > >
    > >> I have been watching the Collector Harry thing closely, it amuses me
    > >> to see them at it.

    > > personally I think Harry is just being a dumbarse here, I mean it's one
    > > thing to post messages berating everything that another says, but to
    > > impersonate is going a tad too far IM(not so)HO
    > >

    > Thats about the feeling I have.
    >
    > I must congratulate NIN they run a great newserver and have terrific
    > admins. It took me less than an hour to have the impersonating account
    > cancelled at NIN. I shant say why they accepted my complaint and acted
    > so quickly but suffice to say it was a violation of there terms and
    > conditions in a big way. It did surpise me to get a reply as quickly as
    > I did, they must have dedicated admins work at all sorts of hours.

    Have you allowed for the time difference by any chance?

    Patrick Dunford, Nov 2, 2004
  7. Patrick Dunford said the following on 2/11/2004 15:23:
    > In article <> in nz.comp on Tue, 02 Nov 2004
    > 14:01:55 +1300, Collector»NZ <> says...
    >
    >>Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 2/11/2004 13:52:

    >>>personally I think Harry is just being a dumbarse here, I mean it's one
    >>>thing to post messages berating everything that another says, but to
    >>>impersonate is going a tad too far IM(not so)HO
    >>>

    >>Thats about the feeling I have.
    >>
    >>I must congratulate NIN they run a great newserver and have terrific
    >>admins. It took me less than an hour to have the impersonating account
    >>cancelled at NIN. I shant say why they accepted my complaint and acted
    >>so quickly but suffice to say it was a violation of there terms and
    >>conditions in a big way. It did surpise me to get a reply as quickly as
    >>I did, they must have dedicated admins work at all sorts of hours.

    > Have you allowed for the time difference by any chance?

    Time difference, hell they replied within 10 minutes of my email,
    verified some details over the next 20 minutes and yanked the account at
    11.10am this morning

    --
    Note the ****-Wit known as Harry is attempting to impersonate my posts
    I post via Berlin (at this stage he hasnt got a Berlin Account)

    Net result I am delighted that the village idiot thinks so much of me as
    to imatate me so much, pity about the reports to his providers and suppliers

    Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E | |

    Collector»NZ, Nov 2, 2004
  8. Patrick Dunford said the following on 2/11/2004 15:22:
    > In article <4186d488$1_5@127.0.0.1> in nz.comp on Tue, 02 Nov 2004
    > 13:37:19 +1300, Blister Pak <> says...
    >
    >>I have been watching the Collector Harry thing closely, it amuses me to
    >>see them at it.
    >>
    >>I notice collector posting that harry has impersonated him and yep it
    >>sure looks like it with the headers, though he caught on quick and
    >>changed providers to continue.
    >>
    >>It appears that collector will slam any nonsense posts by harry while
    >>leaving valid posts alone. Harry on the other hand has no idea and moves
    >>on to impersonating him. Both may well fall foul of the situation yet.
    >>
    >>I await the next developement with glee to see what these two get up to
    >>next.

    > Some people should just get a life... Do you have any real friends
    > outside this forum?

    Unlike you yes and friends in this forum

    Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E | |

    Collector»NZ, Nov 2, 2004
  9. Blister Pak

    steve Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Blister Pak wrote:
    >> I have been watching the Collector Harry thing closely, it amuses me to
    >> see them at it.

    > personally I think Harry is just being a dumbarse here, I mean it's one
    > thing to post messages berating everything that another says, but to
    > impersonate is going a tad too far IM(not so)HO

    A one-off or a "day of it" for purposes of humour or satire would be
    acceptable - provided it was actually funny and the 'fraud' was obvious.

    Malice of any sort is bad form.

    --
    Distributed Computing Projects:
    SETI at Home