iMovie 4.0.1 won't show "Add Chapters" in iDVD pane?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Paul Soderman, Dec 8, 2004.

  1. I'm still really getting used to iMovie and iDVD, but lately I realized that
    it would be a relatively simple thing to have chapters set in iMovie, before
    starting up or importing to iDVD. When I did this a couple of weeks ago,
    just playing around with the application, I dragged some clips to the clip
    viewer part of iMovie and then clicked on the iDVD pane. It showed buttons
    or choices to "Add Chapter" "Remove Chapter" and "Create iDVD Project".
    Since I was only experimenting, I didn't save the work, figuring that when I
    got serious, I could do this.

    I figured out how to have several clips put within one Chapter marker and
    things seemed just fine and dandy. The next time I tried to do this,
    however, while the iDVD pane opens up after I've selected the clips, there
    are no buttons to be seen anywhere! I looked in the Preferences but didn't
    see anything to make them show. Is there something I should do in order to
    get this to show again? Simply dragging the clips back to where the iDVD
    chapters would be located causes the Clip Storage area to become visible
    again.

    I've already reinstalled iMovie from the iLife disc, to no avail. I'm
    running OS 10.3.6 on a G4 with lots of RAM.

    Thanks for any help!

    Paul Soderman, Dec 8, 2004