    Thanks in advance.
    Chris

    ---

    Steve & Chris Clark, Sep 24, 2003

  2. Steve & Chris Clark

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Steve & Chris Clark tried to scribble ...

    > Does anyone have suggestions on how to stop the Internet dial up from
    > dial as soon as my computer is turned on......I have stopped a couple
    > of programs that have this but any other ideas?

    You need to find out which program is dialling in at start-up, then check
    it's options and disable automatic dial-up .. A decent firewall (Zone Alarm
    is reasonable) may also help stopping this.

    A further, not directly related, suggestion would be to get rid of the
    broken sig .. you may get better responses if your post is reasonably
    constructed.

    --
    .............................Paul - xxx

    Paul - xxx, Sep 24, 2003

  3. Steve & Chris Clark

    Rob Guest

    Winthin internet explorer, Tools, options, connections, put a check next to
    "dial whenever a network connection is needed"
    If that doesn't help, then you have some spyware on your machine. Go to
    http://www.techhowto.org/spyware.html
    for informaton on removing it.

    --
    Rob B

    Rob, Sep 24, 2003
  4. Steve & Chris Clark

    Patrick Guest

    Steve & Chris Clark wrote:
    > Does anyone have suggestions on how to stop the Internet dial up from
    > dial as soon as my computer is turned on......I have stopped a couple
    > of programs that have this but any other ideas?
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Chris
    >

    > ---

    Above is out of date, on my machine (XPH) I have;

    Patrick, Sep 24, 2003