    recovery process? I've tried F10, F11, F12.

    Any idea's? Help is muchly appreciated.

    Rider

    Rider, Nov 7, 2005

  2. Rider

    Jerry Guest

    Rider wrote:
    > These iMedia's are horrible.
    >
    > Does anyone know what key to press to get the damned thing to start the
    > recovery process? I've tried F10, F11, F12.
    >
    > Any idea's? Help is muchly appreciated.
    >
    > Rider

    You might need to boot off the CD that came with the computer, which
    then takes you to the recovery partition. If anything it's f11 on a PB
    though

    Jerry, Nov 8, 2005

  3. Rider

    Daniel Guest

    Rider wrote:
    > These iMedia's are horrible.
    >
    > Does anyone know what key to press to get the damned thing to start the
    > recovery process? I've tried F10, F11, F12.
    >
    > Any idea's? Help is muchly appreciated.
    >
    > Rider

    If it's anything like the iMedia in front of me, you'll either have some
    Master CD's (for restoring the image) or not. If not, then you can
    create them using a PB utility. Obviously, you'll need to boot back into
    windows to do it, and then have a few CD-R/RWs on hand onto which the
    Master CD's are burned (4 CDs on my PC).

    You should have a recovery diskette or CD that can boot - this is
    separate from the Master CD's, however, it will ask for the Master CD's
    after bootup. I think you can also create a recovery boot diskette as
    well, if you don't have one.

    Daniel, Nov 8, 2005
  4. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    > Rider wrote:
    >> These iMedia's are horrible.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know what key to press to get the damned thing to start the
    >> recovery process? I've tried F10, F11, F12.
    >>
    >> Any idea's? Help is muchly appreciated.
    >>
    >> Rider
    >>

    > If it's anything like the iMedia in front of me, you'll either have some
    > Master CD's (for restoring the image) or not. If not, then you can create
    > them using a PB utility. Obviously, you'll need to boot back into windows
    > to do it, and then have a few CD-R/RWs on hand onto which the Master CD's
    > are burned (4 CDs on my PC).
    >
    > You should have a recovery diskette or CD that can boot - this is separate
    > from the Master CD's, however, it will ask for the Master CD's after
    > bootup. I think you can also create a recovery boot diskette as well, if
    > you don't have one.

    I was lucky to get an XP cd from the client ... nevermind anything else. I'm
    also a bit suspect about the origins of the XP CD.

    Looks like a manual load and driver download.

    Cheers

    Rider

    Rider, Nov 8, 2005
  5. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    > Rider wrote:
    >> These iMedia's are horrible.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know what key to press to get the damned thing to start the
    >> recovery process? I've tried F10, F11, F12.
    >>
    >> Any idea's? Help is muchly appreciated.
    >>
    >> Rider
    >>

    > You might need to boot off the CD that came with the computer, which then
    > takes you to the recovery partition. If anything it's f11 on a PB though

    I know the recovery partition is there. I just can't access it. The client
    doesn't have anything that came with the computer, except an XP cd ... which
    I'm pretty sure didn't actually come with this computer.

    Cheers

    Rider

    Rider, Nov 8, 2005
  6. Rider

    EMB Guest

    Rider wrote:

    > I know the recovery partition is there. I just can't access it. The client
    > doesn't have anything that came with the computer, except an XP cd ... which
    > I'm pretty sure didn't actually come with this computer.

    This page http://tinyurl.com/73euj has the download for a utility to
    make a boot disk for system recovery.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Nov 8, 2005
  7. Rider

    Daniel Guest

    Rider wrote:

    > I was lucky to get an XP cd from the client ... nevermind anything else. I'm
    > also a bit suspect about the origins of the XP CD.
    >
    > Looks like a manual load and driver download.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Rider

    Aaaaarrggghh. I've just realised that the I don't have the Master CD's,
    and worse, the restore partition for creating them is gone... [sigh]

    Daniel, Nov 8, 2005
  8. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message
    > Rider wrote:
    >

    >> I know the recovery partition is there. I just can't access it. The
    >> client doesn't have anything that came with the computer, except an XP cd
    >> ... which I'm pretty sure didn't actually come with this computer.

    > This page http://tinyurl.com/73euj has the download for a utility to make
    > a boot disk for system recovery.

    Brilliant, that's saved a whole lot of time.

    Really appreciate it.

    Rider

    Rider, Nov 8, 2005
  9. Rider

    EMB Guest

    Rider wrote:
    > "EMB" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Rider wrote:
    >>

    >>>I know the recovery partition is there. I just can't access it. The
    >>>client doesn't have anything that came with the computer, except an XP cd
    >>>... which I'm pretty sure didn't actually come with this computer.

    >>This page http://tinyurl.com/73euj has the download for a utility to make
    >>a boot disk for system recovery.
    >>

    > Brilliant, that's saved a whole lot of time.
    >
    > Really appreciate it.

    30 seconds with google ;-)

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Nov 9, 2005
  10. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message
    > Rider wrote:
    >> "EMB" <> wrote in message

    >>>This page http://tinyurl.com/73euj has the download for a utility to make
    >>>a boot disk for system recovery.
    >>>

    >> Brilliant, that's saved a whole lot of time.
    >>
    >> Really appreciate it.
    >>

    > 30 seconds with google ;-)
    >
    > --
    > EMB

    Obvioulsly my search string was incorrect. Then again, its been a week of
    anything I touch has turned to custard. I should have stayed home this week.

    Much appreciated.

    RIder

    Rider, Nov 9, 2005