    finally configured imate and have all checking and sync'ing with exchange
    2003 fine. however it doesn't disconnect after a check of mail...
    any ideas?

    ChickenMan, May 30, 2006

  2. ChickenMan

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Tue, 30 May 2006 23:56:35 +1200, "ChickenMan" <>
    exclaimed:

    >Hi,
    >finally configured imate and have all checking and sync'ing with exchange
    >2003 fine. however it doesn't disconnect after a check of mail...
    >any ideas?

    It doesn't need to.

    I'm pretty sure it'll just disconnect after a few minutes, but will
    not send anything over that time (obviously it is more efficient this
    way).

    Fred Dagg, May 30, 2006

  3. ChickenMan wrote:
    > Hi,
    > finally configured imate and have all checking and sync'ing with exchange
    > 2003 fine. however it doesn't disconnect after a check of mail...
    > any ideas?

    Common issue, hunt around the net for battery saver a utility which will if the
    connection has had no data sent for about five minutes disconnects the
    connection. It dosnt cost to have the connection open but it does suck the
    battery big time

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |

    Collector»NZ, May 30, 2006
  4. ChickenMan

    ChickenMan Guest

    Yeah - that's the issue. Cheers heaps.

    ChickenMan, May 31, 2006
  5. ChickenMan

    Allan Guest

    "ChickenMan" <> wrote in message
    > Yeah - that's the issue. Cheers heaps.
    >

    > "Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    >> ChickenMan wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> finally configured imate and have all checking and sync'ing with
    >>> exchange 2003 fine. however it doesn't disconnect after a check of
    >>> mail...
    >>> any ideas?
    >>>

    >> Common issue, hunt around the net for battery saver a utility which will
    >> if the connection has had no data sent for about five minutes disconnects
    >> the connection. It dosnt cost to have the connection open but it does
    >> suck the battery big time
    >>
    >> --

    >> | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |

    Dunno about an imate, but with a Tcom Harrier, pressing the "hang-up" button
    twice will force a disconnect.

    Allan, May 31, 2006