IMAP Email Doesn't Show In All Folders

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Bob C., Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Bob C.

    Bob C. Guest

    I have a quick question. I setup my Mozilla Mail with my one email
    account (incoming server is IMAP). It shows all of my created folders
    on the server, etc. However, when I tell it to check all for new
    messages, it never shows me new messages which arrive in other folders
    on the account (only if they arrive in my Inbox itself).

    I use Mailblocks which allows me to create various email addresses that
    are unfiltered and it creates a folder for each of those. For example,
    if my main Mailblocks account was , any mail sent to
    that address is filtered until the sender of the message clicks on a
    verification link to indicate that they are a real person and not a
    computer sending spam. Their message to me stays in my "pending" folder
    until they click the verification link and then it automatically moves
    to my Inbox.

    But for subscriptions and things that are emailed by a computer, I can
    create what they call "tracker" accounts. For instance, I can tell it
    that I want one for when I receive mail from newsgroups called
    "newsgroups". It will then create an email address for me to use such
    as that it does not filter. It creates a
    folder called newsgroups that any email to that address goes into for me
    to read. When I was using Outlook Express, if I checked my email it
    would check for new messages on all the folders for my Mailblocks
    account and show me if there were new messages in the Inbox, Newgroups
    folders, etc.

    How can I get Mozilla Mail to do this as well? I hope this description
    of my issue makes sense.

    Thanks much!

    Bob C.

    Bob C., Feb 16, 2004

  2. Bob C.

    dantu Guest

    Bob C. wrote:

    > I have a quick question. I setup my Mozilla Mail with my one email
    > account (incoming server is IMAP). It shows all of my created folders
    > on the server, etc. However, when I tell it to check all for new
    > messages, it never shows me new messages which arrive in other folders
    > on the account (only if they arrive in my Inbox itself).
    >
    > I use Mailblocks which allows me to create various email addresses
    > that are unfiltered and it creates a folder for each of those. For
    > example, if my main Mailblocks account was , any mail
    > sent to that address is filtered until the sender of the message
    > clicks on a verification link to indicate that they are a real person
    > and not a computer sending spam. Their message to me stays in my
    > "pending" folder until they click the verification link and then it
    > automatically moves to my Inbox.
    >
    > But for subscriptions and things that are emailed by a computer, I can
    > create what they call "tracker" accounts. For instance, I can tell it
    > that I want one for when I receive mail from newsgroups called
    > "newsgroups". It will then create an email address for me to use such
    > as that it does not filter. It creates a
    > folder called newsgroups that any email to that address goes into for
    > me to read. When I was using Outlook Express, if I checked my email
    > it would check for new messages on all the folders for my Mailblocks
    > account and show me if there were new messages in the Inbox, Newgroups
    > folders, etc.
    >
    > How can I get Mozilla Mail to do this as well? I hope this
    > description of my issue makes sense.
    >
    > Thanks much!
    >
    > Bob C.

    Bob

    http://www.holgermetzger.de/efaqmailnews.html#15

    should fix you right up

    dantu, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Bob C.

    Bob C. Guest

    dantu wrote:
    > Bob C. wrote:
    >
    >> I have a quick question. I setup my Mozilla Mail with my one email
    >> account (incoming server is IMAP). It shows all of my created folders
    >> on the server, etc. However, when I tell it to check all for new
    >> messages, it never shows me new messages which arrive in other folders
    >> on the account (only if they arrive in my Inbox itself).
    >>
    >> I use Mailblocks which allows me to create various email addresses
    >> that are unfiltered and it creates a folder for each of those. For
    >> example, if my main Mailblocks account was , any mail
    >> sent to that address is filtered until the sender of the message
    >> clicks on a verification link to indicate that they are a real person
    >> and not a computer sending spam. Their message to me stays in my
    >> "pending" folder until they click the verification link and then it
    >> automatically moves to my Inbox.
    >>
    >> But for subscriptions and things that are emailed by a computer, I can
    >> create what they call "tracker" accounts. For instance, I can tell it
    >> that I want one for when I receive mail from newsgroups called
    >> "newsgroups". It will then create an email address for me to use such
    >> as that it does not filter. It creates a
    >> folder called newsgroups that any email to that address goes into for
    >> me to read. When I was using Outlook Express, if I checked my email
    >> it would check for new messages on all the folders for my Mailblocks
    >> account and show me if there were new messages in the Inbox, Newgroups
    >> folders, etc.
    >>
    >> How can I get Mozilla Mail to do this as well? I hope this
    >> description of my issue makes sense.
    >>
    >> Thanks much!
    >>
    >> Bob C.

    > Bob
    >
    > http://www.holgermetzger.de/efaqmailnews.html#15
    >
    > should fix you right up

    Thank you so much!

    Bob

    Bob C., Feb 17, 2004
  4. Bob C.

    Bob C. Guest

    Bob C. wrote:
    > dantu wrote:
    >
    >> Bob C. wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a quick question. I setup my Mozilla Mail with my one email
    >>> account (incoming server is IMAP). It shows all of my created
    >>> folders on the server, etc. However, when I tell it to check all for
    >>> new messages, it never shows me new messages which arrive in other
    >>> folders on the account (only if they arrive in my Inbox itself).
    >>>
    >>> I use Mailblocks which allows me to create various email addresses
    >>> that are unfiltered and it creates a folder for each of those. For
    >>> example, if my main Mailblocks account was , any
    >>> mail sent to that address is filtered until the sender of the message
    >>> clicks on a verification link to indicate that they are a real person
    >>> and not a computer sending spam. Their message to me stays in my
    >>> "pending" folder until they click the verification link and then it
    >>> automatically moves to my Inbox.
    >>>
    >>> But for subscriptions and things that are emailed by a computer, I
    >>> can create what they call "tracker" accounts. For instance, I can
    >>> tell it that I want one for when I receive mail from newsgroups
    >>> called "newsgroups". It will then create an email address for me to
    >>> use such as that it does not filter. It
    >>> creates a folder called newsgroups that any email to that address
    >>> goes into for me to read. When I was using Outlook Express, if I
    >>> checked my email it would check for new messages on all the folders
    >>> for my Mailblocks account and show me if there were new messages in
    >>> the Inbox, Newgroups folders, etc.
    >>>
    >>> How can I get Mozilla Mail to do this as well? I hope this
    >>> description of my issue makes sense.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks much!
    >>>
    >>> Bob C.

    >> Bob
    >>
    >> http://www.holgermetzger.de/efaqmailnews.html#15
    >>
    >> should fix you right up

    > Thank you so much!
    >
    > Bob

    Ooops, I spoke too soon. Where is the file "user.js" located? I told
    Windows XP to show hidden files and searched My Computer for *.js and
    did not find any file called user.js. I'm using Mozilla and it says on
    the page you referred me to "To force NETSCAPE to check all your IMAP
    folder" so I'm lost. It tells me to add the line
    "user_pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true);" to my user.js
    file (but as I said earlier, I don't have that file on my pc).

    Thanks again.

    Bob

    Bob C., Feb 17, 2004
  5. Bob C.

    dantu Guest

    Bob C. wrote:

    > Bob C. wrote:
    >
    >> dantu wrote:

    >>> Bob
    >>>
    >>> http://www.holgermetzger.de/efaqmailnews.html#15
    >>>
    >>> should fix you right up

    >> Thank you so much!
    >>
    >> Bob

    > Ooops, I spoke too soon. Where is the file "user.js" located? I told
    > Windows XP to show hidden files and searched My Computer for *.js and
    > did not find any file called user.js. I'm using Mozilla and it says
    > on the page you referred me to "To force NETSCAPE to check all your
    > IMAP folder" so I'm lost. It tells me to add the line
    > "user_pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true);" to my
    > user.js file (but as I said earlier, I don't have that file on my pc).
    >
    > Thanks again.
    >
    > Bob

    Bob

    Please pick just ONE newsgroup on Usenet to ask your questions!
    Your question has been asked and answered in at least three other
    newsgroups, by a multitude of responders.

    dantu, Feb 17, 2004