    it's kind of annoying. Any solution for this or has anyone else experienced
    this?

    Chris
    quantumburnz, Mar 28, 2006

  2. quantumburnz

    John Barnes Guest

    A number of us are experiencing OE crashes, but so far this is new. Mine
    just say it has experienced a problem and must close, and does it while
    operating in the background.

    John Barnes, Mar 28, 2006

  3. quantumburnz

    Rick Guest

    According to Microsoft web page:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ock/winsock/windows_sockets_error_codes_2.asp

    it's the fault of the server you're trying to connect to. I did have
    similar errors after 1st upgrading to an Athlon 64 x2 CPU. After I
    applied all the patches and replaced some .DLL's, my errors went away.

    WSAECONNREFUSED 10061 Connection refused.
    No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused
    it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is
    inactive on the foreign host—that is, one with no server application
    running.

    Rick, Mar 28, 2006
  4. Whenever this happens, I hurry to the postoffice - hoping it's not Friday.

    Otherwise, it's quite stable.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 28, 2006
  5. quantumburnz

    quantumburnz Guest

    What patches did you apply? I've done all the Windows updates. The problem
    isn't happening now, I think it just happened this morning because the mail
    server was down. It's just strange because when I get the error, it crashes OE.

    Chris

    quantumburnz, Mar 28, 2006