    used to (yet my Internet Explorer does, albeit so slowly).

    A couple of issues I've been living with though they are a bit of a
    hassle... TIA for any pointers.

    Chris, Aug 13, 2005

  2. Chris

    Old Gringo Guest

    Chris wrote:
    > I went to a site that for some reason wouldn't allow any images to be
    > displayed. I looked at it with my Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox
    > browsers with the same effect. A friend of mine looked at it with his
    > browser and didn't have any problem. When I right clicked and 'viewed
    > image', I received this screen that showed 'forbidden'. I'm using
    > XPpro and both browsers are set to view all images so... any ideas
    > anyone?
    >
    > Another issue - since downloading and installing the latest version of
    > Firefox, some of the ebay buttons don't open up new windows as they
    > used to (yet my Internet Explorer does, albeit so slowly).
    >
    > A couple of issues I've been living with though they are a bit of a
    > hassle... TIA for any pointers.

    In FireFox, Tools, Options, Web features. You will find options
    there that might solve your problem. Good Luck

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Aug 13, 2005

  3. Chris

    Old Gringo Guest

    Chris wrote:
    > I went to a site that for some reason wouldn't allow any images to be
    > displayed. I looked at it with my Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox
    > browsers with the same effect. A friend of mine looked at it with his
    > browser and didn't have any problem. When I right clicked and 'viewed
    > image', I received this screen that showed 'forbidden'. I'm using
    > XPpro and both browsers are set to view all images so... any ideas
    > anyone?
    >
    > Another issue - since downloading and installing the latest version of
    > Firefox, some of the ebay buttons don't open up new windows as they
    > used to (yet my Internet Explorer does, albeit so slowly).
    >
    > A couple of issues I've been living with though they are a bit of a
    > hassle... TIA for any pointers.

    In Thunderbird, Tools, Options, Advanced tab. You will find options
    that will help there. Good Luck

    Old Gringo, Aug 13, 2005
  4. Chris

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 08:40:49 -0700, in message
     <>, Chris wrote:

    > I went to a site that for some reason wouldn't allow any images to be
    > displayed.

    Only guesses can be provided. You've not provided the URL of the site.
    The lack of URL may also fuel speculation.

    > I looked at it with my Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox
    > browsers with the same effect.

    Thunderbird is not a web browser. It is an email & newsgroups client.

    > A friend of mine looked at it with his
    > browser and didn't have any problem. When I right clicked and 'viewed
    > image', I received this screen that showed 'forbidden'. I'm using
    > XPpro and both browsers are set to view all images

    I presume that "both browsers" means your browser and your friend's browser,
    rather than your Firefox and your Thunderbird.

    > so... any ideas
    > anyone?

    Some guesses

    1. A "net-nanny" type of program is blocking the images.

    Perhaps you are viewing the site at work, and the images
    are banner ads from a known pr0n site that your work
    blocks.

    2. You have disabled sending the "Referrer", and the site won't
    deliver images to your browser without the "Referrer".

    Your friend has not disabled sending the "Referrer".

    3. The images require a plug-in which is installed on
    your friend's browser but not on your own browser.

    4. The friend's browser is IE, and the image URLs in the page
    use "\" in place of the standard "/".

    5. The friend's browser is IE, and the page contains MS-Office
    proprietary XML for the images, not standard HTML.

    [excess crosspost trimmed to 2 groups]
    [follow-up set to 1 group]

    --
    Cheers
    Ralph Fox

    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such an annoying thing?
    A: Top-posting.

    Ralph Fox, Aug 18, 2005