Images just disappeared from compact flash card?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Pat, Oct 6, 2003.

  1. Pat

    Pat Guest

    x-no-archive:yes

    I have a Canon G2 digital camera that uses a compact flash card. I took
    several photos yesterday and then put my camera in its bag and brought it
    home. When I tried to download the photos to the computer today, the
    software stated there were no images on the card! And yet, the camera's
    counter tells me there is only room for 3 more photos. So, I put the compact
    flash card in my Siig reader and it says the same thing: no images on the
    card.

    Since the camera reports there are but 3 shots left on the card, I think I
    have the images but no way to access them. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Can anyone tell me what to do next?

    thanks,

    Pat

    Pat, Oct 6, 2003

  2. Pat

    Fred Ziffel Guest

    Can you review the photos on the camera?

    Fred Ziffel, Oct 6, 2003

  3. Pat

    N36J Guest

    Yes, I have had the same problem; but repeated attempts have always been
    successful. A further suggestion, with the CF card in the card reader,
    reboot your system. You may have more luck reading the CF card in the card
    reader after you've booted up.

    Clif

    N36J, Oct 6, 2003
  4. Pat

    tim sewell Guest

    Hi, Pat.

    Since your computer OS recognizes the card, you may have success with
    different software.

    I am a fervent fan of PC Inspector File Recovery, freeware downloadable from
    http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

    That recovered images from a re-formatted CF card for me.

    HTH

    tim sewell, Oct 6, 2003
  5. Pat

    Lionel Guest

    Word has it that on Sun, 5 Oct 2003 20:57:36 -0500, in this august
    forum, "Fred Ziffel" <> said:

    >Can you review the photos on the camera?

    Hi Fred, I didn't know you read RPD. How's things?

    Lionel, Oct 7, 2003
  6. Pat

    Pat Guest

    x-no-archive:yes

    "Fred Ziffel" <> wrote in message
    > Can you review the photos on the camera?

    No, I cannot. It just says "No images." Now, however, I am having problems
    just getting the computer to recognize the camera OR the Siig compact flash
    reader. Either it doesn't find either one or it locks up my computer (Win
    XP). sigh.

    Pat

    Pat, Oct 7, 2003
  7. Pat

    Pat Guest

    x-no-archive:yes

    > Hi, Pat.
    >
    > Since your computer OS recognizes the card, you may have success with
    > different software.
    >
    > I am a fervent fan of PC Inspector File Recovery, freeware downloadable

    from
    > http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm
    >
    > That recovered images from a re-formatted CF card for me.
    >
    > HTH

    I did get the PC Inspector File Recovery program. At first, it wouldn't
    find the Siig card reader, but it finally did after many tries. I have
    saved everything it found to a desktop folder. I was happy to see that 3/4
    of the files are fine. That is better than "no images" which was what I got
    before using the program. Thanks for your recommendation.

    Pat

    Pat, Oct 10, 2003