    anyone shed some light on why this is happening? and how I can resolve this.

    Many Thanks
    Shamah
    Shamah, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Shamah

    Unk Guest

    From IE, click Tools, Internet Options or:
    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options
    Click the "Advanced" tab, Scroll down to "Multimedia",
    check "Show pictures", and uncheck "Show image download
    placeholders". Click "apply", "OK"

    Also click the "General" tab, Under "Temporary Internet Files", click the
    "Delete Files" button, check the box, "Delete all offline content", "OK".
    After it finishes, click the "Settings" button and lower the amount of disk
    space to use to 20 Meg. Click "OK", "Apply". That will increase your hard
    drive space by how much was in that folder. I've seen it well over a gig.
    Folders that big are prone to crosslinked files. Clear it weekly, or sooner,
    especially if IE starts acting funny.

    How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q263070

    If that didn't fix it, then check here:

    Images Are Not Displayed Properly in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q176945

    Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in Proper Format
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q260650

    Right-Clicking, Selecting 'Save Picture As' Does Not Save
    Image with Correct Extension
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q250747

    Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

    Web Accessories Functionality Turns Off Image Downloading
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q223050

    Problems Displaying Images in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q181836

    Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;Q283807

    Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm

    Enabling and disabling Ad Blocking in Norton
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/pfdocs/2001100915311136

    Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm

    Unk

    Unk, Jul 28, 2003

  3. Shamah

    shamah Guest

    Hi Unk

    Thank you very much for your help, I tried all of your suggestion but it
    still wouldn't work, so I went to system restore, and restored it to
    earlier time and that fixed my problem, still not sure what caused the
    problem in the first place.

    Kind Regards
    Shamah

    shamah, Jul 29, 2003
  4. Shamah

    pproaflores

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    San Antonio
    Restoring missing grapics

    Did you ever get a response to this issue? I'm having the same problem.

    Patricia
    pproaflores, Jul 17, 2010