Images: Debbie's New BMW

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³, Mar 2, 2005.

  1. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³, Mar 2, 2005

  2. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    secheese Guest

    secheese, Mar 2, 2005

  3. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    cjp Guest

    cjp, Mar 2, 2005
  4. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Beano Guest

    A failed attempt at recapturing her obviously long-faded youth.
    Beano, Mar 2, 2005
  5. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Jay Beckman Guest

    Jay Beckman, Mar 2, 2005
  6. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    RSD99 Guest

    Nice car ...

    In the future, you will take better pictures if you carefully look at the
    **background** before you press the shutter release.

    All of these images have "worthwhile" foregrounds (subjects), but literally
    crappy backgrounds, and could be substantially improved by the above.

    RSD99, Mar 2, 2005
  7. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Bryce Guest

    that's one skank lookin' chick.

    It would be difficult to sit in those seats knowing that thing got out of
    it.

    Bryce, Mar 2, 2005
  8. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Guest

    Debbie would be hotter if she smiled at some point and took off her
    top, the boobs look more worthy of photography than the face (or the
    car).
    , Mar 2, 2005
  9. "RSD99" <> writes:

    > Nice car ...
    >
    > In the future, you will take better pictures if you carefully look at the
    > **background** before you press the shutter release.
    >
    > All of these images have "worthwhile" foregrounds (subjects), but literally
    > crappy backgrounds, and could be substantially improved by the above.

    And doing a custom white balance helps too.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:
    Michael Meissner, Mar 2, 2005
  10. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Owamanga Guest

    On 2 Mar 2005 12:26:36 -0800, wrote:

    >Debbie would be hotter if she smiled at some point and took off her
    >top, the boobs look more worthy of photography than the face (or the
    >car).

    Riiggghttt.

    Dean, if photographing buxom women is your thing, get yourself down to
    the Renaissance festival this weekend at Deerfield Beach. Lots of
    college girls demonstrating the uplifting wonder of corsets.

    It ends on the March 13th.

    Lousy Example:
    http://ren-fest.com/clothier2003.html

    Main site:
    http://ren-fest.com/fla1.html

    --
    Owamanga!
    Owamanga, Mar 2, 2005
  11. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Hannah Guest

    "Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³" <> wrote in message

    Was there a dreadful accident with her previous car, in which she suffered
    some sort of facial disfugurement? My sympathies to her.
    Hannah, Mar 2, 2005
  12. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    RSD99 Guest

    HeHeHeHeHe ...

    And maybe having someone do a decent job on "hair and makeup" on the model
    would be a BIG help (IMHO).

    RSD99, Mar 2, 2005
  13. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Guest

    , Mar 3, 2005
  14. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Mark² Guest

    > http://www.pbase.com/lautermilch/debbiebmw

    Photography is all about reactions, right?
    Here's mine.

    The girl looks OK until the shot with the cigarette...
    Then all I can think of are her tar-covered lungs, nasty breath, yellow teeth, and stained
    fingers.
    That just ain't sexy.

    What's worse... It's gonna stink up that nice new ride...
    Leather smells great until you dump a bunch of tobacco skank into the interior.

    Yuck.
    Mark², Mar 3, 2005
  15. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Annika1980 Guest

    "Debbie got a new (used) BMW 323i.
    The car has very low miles and not a single ding on it."
    ---------------

    Unlike Debbie.
    Annika1980, Mar 3, 2005
  16. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Frank ess Guest

    Mark² wrote:
    > "Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/lautermilch/debbiebmw

    > Photography is all about reactions, right?
    > Here's mine.
    >
    > The girl looks OK until the shot with the cigarette...
    > Then all I can think of are her tar-covered lungs, nasty breath,
    > yellow teeth, and stained fingers.
    > That just ain't sexy.
    >
    > What's worse... It's gonna stink up that nice new ride...
    > Leather smells great until you dump a bunch of tobacco skank into the
    > interior.
    > Yuck.

    I cringe when I see an otherwise presentable person wth a cigarette.

    I don't think she is a particularly attractive example, but that may be
    just a taste thing.

    I see the photographer is able to control the model's behavior for a
    period of time. It seems to me he should cash in a little of his
    influence to move the set to a less distracting venue. Or figure out how
    to restrict the in-focus features to the car and model.

    Leading me to the underlying question: what is the purpose of these
    little sessions this photographer invites us to 'vote' on?

    --
    Frank ess
    Frank ess, Mar 3, 2005
  17. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Mark² Guest

    "Frank ess" <> wrote in message
    > Mark² wrote:
    >> "Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³" <> wrote in
    >> message news:...
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/lautermilch/debbiebmw

    >> Photography is all about reactions, right?
    >> Here's mine.
    >>
    >> The girl looks OK until the shot with the cigarette...
    >> Then all I can think of are her tar-covered lungs, nasty breath,
    >> yellow teeth, and stained fingers.
    >> That just ain't sexy.
    >>
    >> What's worse... It's gonna stink up that nice new ride...
    >> Leather smells great until you dump a bunch of tobacco skank into the
    >> interior.
    >> Yuck.

    > I cringe when I see an otherwise presentable person wth a cigarette.
    >
    > I don't think she is a particularly attractive example, but that may be just a taste
    > thing.
    >
    > I see the photographer is able to control the model's behavior for a period of time. It
    > seems to me he should cash in a little of his influence to move the set to a less
    > distracting venue. Or figure out how to restrict the in-focus features to the car and
    > model.
    >
    > Leading me to the underlying question: what is the purpose of these little sessions this
    > photographer invites us to 'vote' on?
    >

    > --
    > Frank ess

    I get the impression that this lady is a friend of the photog.
    She was probably excited about her new-used BMW, so he snapped some shots of her.
    He just forgot to remind her that she might want to smile, and/or try and look like she is
    pleased with her new vehicle.
    I suspect she will NOT be pleased with these shots...
    Mark², Mar 3, 2005
  18. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Tony Hwang Guest

    Tony Hwang, Mar 3, 2005
  19. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    GTO Guest

    > The girl looks OK until the shot with the cigarette...
    > Then all I can think of are her tar-covered lungs, nasty breath, yellow
    > teeth, and stained fingers.

    This reminds me of a picture I put up on pBase. It shows the cellular
    structure of a smoker's lung. With polarized light I was able to emphasize
    particulates, which are more commonly found in lungs of smokers than in
    healthy lungs due to their restricted capacity to move out impurities. The
    darker areas show residuals that actually come from smoking.

    BTW, the picture is at http://www.pbase.com/overney/image/38621705 if you
    really need to see it ;-(

    Gregor
    GTO, Mar 3, 2005