ImageMixer ver1.5 software installation for Sony DSCP10 Cybershot Digital Camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Anonymous, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    During installation of the ImageMixer ver1.5 software for a newly
    purchased DSCP10 Cybershot on my Dell laptop running WinXP Pro, I got
    an ominous message that WinASPI needs to be installed to use the
    "writing function". What does the writing function do exactly? Is the
    ImageMixer software useless without it?

    And the message further advises that doing so might cause the "writing
    software that is already installed in the computer" to stop working.
    What exactly does that mean? Does that mean I can no longer save any
    data from any program to my hard drive or to a CD?

    I have no idea how to re-install the original WinASPI (as it
    recommends) if I do encounter problems, and even if I did, must I
    install the ImageMaker WinASPI and then re-install the original
    WinASPI every time the software is used??? That's asking quite alot!

    Thanks for any tips here,

    Clueless

    Anonymous, Aug 8, 2003