    horizontally or vertically) and it didn't rely on me accurately positioning
    using the mouse. I'm not looking for some fancy panorama software.

    Thanks.

    Graeme, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Graeme

    gsum Guest

    www.panoramafactory.com

    This is very good and has a free trial period.

    Graham

    "Graeme" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Does anyone know of an image stitching program that will allow me to join
    > many (same size) small pictures together? Each image is only about

    256x256.

    gsum, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    Yes, that was a very stupid thing for me to say. I'm really not that
    stupid - honest!

    Actually, I've been through about a dozen eval versions of various stitching
    programs and I can't get any to do what I want. And I don't mean output
    images without a logo :)

    I simply want to tile, in 2-D, a load of 200x200 images (GIFs) without any
    overlapping, morphing, bending or stretching. But it'd be nice to just drag
    and drop these images manually and have them 'click' next to their neighbor.

    Graeme, Aug 7, 2003
  4. Will Qimage do this?

    Gordon

    --
    ÐÏࡱá

    Gordon MacPherson, Aug 7, 2003
  5. "Graeme" <> wrote in message
    SNIP
    > I simply want to tile, in 2-D, a load of 200x200 images (GIFs) without any
    > overlapping, morphing, bending or stretching. But it'd be nice to just

    drag
    > and drop these images manually and have them 'click' next to their

    neighbor.

    Photoshop, and possibly other photo editors, can do that. Just set the
    gridline spacing to 200 pixels, and activate snap to grid. You may need to
    flatten the image as you add/paste more fragments.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Aug 7, 2003
  6. Graeme

    PTRAVEL Guest

    "Graeme" <> wrote in message
    > Yes, that was a very stupid thing for me to say. I'm really not that
    > stupid - honest!
    >
    > Actually, I've been through about a dozen eval versions of various

    stitching
    > programs and I can't get any to do what I want. And I don't mean output
    > images without a logo :)
    >
    > I simply want to tile, in 2-D, a load of 200x200 images (GIFs) without any
    > overlapping, morphing, bending or stretching. But it'd be nice to just

    drag
    > and drop these images manually and have them 'click' next to their

    neighbor.

    It requires adjusting some flags manually, but Panavue Image Assembler can
    do this quite nicely.

    PTRAVEL, Aug 7, 2003
  7. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    "Bart van der Wolf" <> wrote in message

    > "Graeme" <> wrote in message
    > SNIP
    > > I simply want to tile, in 2-D, a load of 200x200 images (GIFs) without

    any
    > > overlapping, morphing, bending or stretching. But it'd be nice to just

    > drag
    > > and drop these images manually and have them 'click' next to their

    > neighbor.
    >
    > Photoshop, and possibly other photo editors, can do that. Just set the
    > gridline spacing to 200 pixels, and activate snap to grid. You may need to
    > flatten the image as you add/paste more fragments.
    >
    > Bart

    I haven't got Photoshop, but I'll look at your grid spacing/snap suggestion.
    Thanks.

    Graeme, Aug 7, 2003
  8. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    "Graeme" <> wrote in message
    > "PTRAVEL" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Graeme" <> wrote in message
    > > > Yes, that was a very stupid thing for me to say. I'm really not that
    > > > stupid - honest!
    > > >
    > > > Actually, I've been through about a dozen eval versions of various

    > > stitching
    > > > programs and I can't get any to do what I want. And I don't mean

    output
    > > > images without a logo :)
    > > >
    > > > I simply want to tile, in 2-D, a load of 200x200 images (GIFs) without

    > any
    > > > overlapping, morphing, bending or stretching. But it'd be nice to just

    > > drag
    > > > and drop these images manually and have them 'click' next to their

    > > neighbor.
    > >

    > > It requires adjusting some flags manually, but Panavue Image Assembler

    can
    > > do this quite nicely.
    > >

    > I tried Panavue, but Gordon's suggestion of Qimage works fine for me. Just
    > have to wait for my unlock code now.

    That's a bit of luck, my PayPal a/c is broken (don't know why, maybe 'cos
    I've never used it) and I can't order the Qimage unlock code. I say 'luck'
    because Bart's suggestion of setting grids even works within PaintShopPro
    (which I already have). It's completely manual; an image window with a grid,
    the browse window with thumbnails, and drag'n'drop (like a jigsaw really).
    So broken PayPal and Bart have saved me $40 :) Thanks.

    Graeme, Aug 7, 2003
  9. "Graeme" <> wrote in message
    > That does seem to work well, thanks. I know it has a trial period, but
    > during this time it only seems to save with the PanoramaFactory logo in the
    > middle.

    Now isn't that too bad! There are not any free rides in life now are they.

    WinkenBlinken& Nod, Aug 7, 2003
  10. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    "WinkenBlinken& Nod" <> wrote in message

    > "Graeme" <> wrote in message
    > > That does seem to work well, thanks. I know it has a trial period, but
    > > during this time it only seems to save with the PanoramaFactory logo in

    the
    > > middle.

    > Now isn't that too bad! There are not any free rides in life now are they.

    It didn't do exactly what I wanted in any case. But you're right, I should
    never have said what I did. Getting freeware was the original aim, so I was
    looking for a free ride, and there are a few freeware image editors out
    there. In a way I sort of got a free ride too, as my old PSP7 handles
    snapping to grid which turns out to be so much easier than using some
    panorama s/ware. Maybe I'm just weird, but I will go down the free route if
    it serves my purpose.
    But thanks for the reply anyway Ed.

    Graeme, Aug 7, 2003