    What is that? Sounds like trouble. 101?
    -Thanks
    kodak p712
    hfs2, Nov 13, 2006

  2. hfs2

    rowan194 Guest

    hfs2 wrote:
    > What is that? Sounds like trouble. 101?

    Optical image stabilisation uses (slight) movement of internal glass to
    cancel out shakes caused by hand holding. Electronic image
    stabilisation uses data from the sensor to decide which way to
    electronically shift the image prior to output. Generally, optical is
    better.

    In a still camera image stabilisation is used to reduce blur caused by
    handshake. In a video camera, it is more to reduce visible movement of
    framing.
    rowan194, Nov 13, 2006

  3. hfs2

    Hebee Jeebes Guest

    Actually there are several optical methods besides the moving of the lens
    glass. In body stabilization generally moves the sensor. The Pentax for
    example uses magnets to do this. Stabilization is a good thing.

    Hebee Jeebes, Nov 14, 2006
  4. hfs2

    Marvin Guest

    hfs2 wrote:
    > What is that? Sounds like trouble. 101?
    > -Thanks
    > kodak p712

    An important reason that I bought a Panasonic digicam was to
    have image stabilization. I often take photos in museums,
    when it is allowed. Use of a flash or a tripod is usually
    not allowed, so image stabilization is important. It does
    work well.
    Marvin, Nov 14, 2006
  5. hfs2

    Hebee Jeebes Guest

    I wouldn't own a camera without it. Which is why I am going for the Pentax
    K10D. I choose not to be raped by Canon and Nikon with their limited
    selections of stabilized lens at screw you till you bleed prices. I would
    rather have it in body so all lenses are stabilized even if it is a smidge
    less effective.

    Hebee Jeebes, Nov 14, 2006
  6. hfs2

    Petri Lopia Guest

    On 2006-11-13, hfs2 <> wrote:
    > What is that? Sounds like trouble. 101?

    It's everything else than trouble.
    I have 3 image stabilizer (optical) lenses and I could not
    even think those lenses without IS.

    --
    Petri Lopia :: lid
    Lightnings, StormChasing, Moon, Nature: