    desktop" icon in the tool tray.Even then,if I maximize a window from the
    tool tray I can see the image flash quickly before disappearing.
    Does anyone know why this is happening & what I can do to fix it?

    Doug 2.0, Dec 3, 2005

  2. Doug 2.0

    Mike Easter Guest

    Doug 2.0 wrote:

    > the latest version of Weather Pulse

    >after checking the forecast,a partial ghost image of the
    > window remains on my desktop.

    Why, that must be the Ghost Weather Station!

    http://www.wvghosts.com/software.php Ghost Weather Station -- Ghost
    Weather Station is a desktop application, which allows Ghost Hunters and
    Investigators to receive the current lunar and weather conditions. This
    comes in handy if you need to record the current conditions for your
    Investigation report.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 3, 2005

  3. Doug 2.0

    Doug 2.0 Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > Doug 2.0 wrote:
    >
    > > the latest version of Weather Pulse

    > >after checking the forecast,a partial ghost image of the
    > > window remains on my desktop.

    > Why, that must be the Ghost Weather Station!
    >

    > http://www.wvghosts.com/software.php Ghost Weather Station -- Ghost
    > Weather Station is a desktop application, which allows Ghost Hunters and
    > Investigators to receive the current lunar and weather conditions. This
    > comes in handy if you need to record the current conditions for your
    > Investigation report.
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    <rimshot>

    I was expecting something like that.

    Now,what can I do to fix this annoyance?

    Doug 2.0, Dec 3, 2005
  4. Doug 2.0

    Mike Easter Guest

    Doug 2.0 wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"
    >> Doug 2.0 wrote:

    >>> after checking the forecast,a partial ghost image of the
    >>> window remains on my desktop.

    >> Why, that must be the Ghost Weather Station!

    > <rimshot>
    >
    > I was expecting something like that.
    >
    > Now,what can I do to fix this annoyance?

    Searching on weather pulse problems.....

    "I deleted weather pulse just yesterday and went back to weatherbug.
    Pulse had some good features but got so it wouldn't update. I checked
    firewall and it was letting it through so don't know what it's problem
    was. I even removed it and downloaded a fresh version and it did the
    same thing. Weatherbug shows several things that I like also like the hi
    and low as well as the current temp for the day, moon phases, etc. "

    .... but others like weather pulse better

    No similar posts about ghosts -- or ghosting posting :)

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 3, 2005
  5. Doug 2.0

    Mike Easter Guest

    Doug 2.0 wrote:
    > a partial ghost image of the
    > window remains on my desktop.

    I'm curious. Can you grab the top edge of the ghost and move it around?
    Try to grab it where the title bar would be.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 3, 2005
  6. Doug 2.0

    > Doug 2.0 wrote:
    > > a partial ghost image of the
    > > window remains on my desktop.

    > I'm curious. Can you grab the top edge of the ghost and move it around?
    > Try to grab it where the title bar would be.
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    No,I cannot move it around.
    However,double clicking on the ghost image opens the program.

    Doug 2.0, Dec 3, 2005
  7. Doug 2.0

    Doug 2.0, Dec 3, 2005
  8. Doug 2.0

    Mike Easter Guest

    Doug 2.0 wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"
    >> Doug 2.0 wrote:
    >>> a partial ghost image of the
    >>> window remains on my desktop.

    >> I'm curious. Can you grab the top edge of the ghost and move it
    >> around? Try to grab it where the title bar would be.

    > No,I cannot move it around.
    > However,double clicking on the ghost image opens the program.

    Aha! It's not really a ghost, it is really there, it is just screwed
    up.

    I think I would talk about it in the forum at Tropic's, the developer's
    site http://tropicdesigns.net/modules.php?name=Forums Tropic Designs
    Forum Index -> Bug Reports

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 3, 2005
  9. Doug 2.0

    Mike Easter Guest

    Doug 2.0 wrote:
    > Yesterday I downloaded the latest version of Weather Pulse for
    > WINXP;

    The docs at Tropic say that you are supposed to close/exit WP before
    upgrading, and that is very important, because it is in great big print.

    That would have been: R click temp icon in task tray, then select exit.

    The latest release is Weather Pulse 2.05 build27 Released: 11.13.2005

    So, I would uninstall and re-install if you didn't do that.

    The previous build26 sez " It's recommended that you uninstall Weather
    Pulse and use the new FULL installation for this upgrade otherwise you
    may not be able to un-install Weather Pulse automatically. Advanced
    users can proceed with upgrade."

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 3, 2005
  10. Doug 2.0

    Guest Guest

    > Doug 2.0 wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I'm curious. Can you grab the top edge of the ghost and move it
    >>> around? Try to grab it where the title bar would be.

    >> No,I cannot move it around.
    >> However,double clicking on the ghost image opens the program.

    > Aha! It's not really a ghost, it is really there, it is just screwed
    > up.
    >
    > I think I would talk about it in the forum at Tropic's, the developer's
    > site http://tropicdesigns.net/modules.php?name=Forums Tropic Designs
    > Forum Index -> Bug Reports

    He probably means that transparency was set to high for this application's
    window. He uses Windows XP which lets programs use semi-transparent
    windows, and the transparency can [usually] be set within the application.
    Looks like it is time for the OP to review the program options or RTFM. If
    the program is using transparency but doesn't let the user adjust it, the
    defect should should be reported as a bug to the developer.

    Guest, Dec 4, 2005