    unfragmented pictures from a quick-formated memory card.

    Thanks in advance
    Rob

    Rob, Oct 21, 2004

  2. Rob

    Mr Jessop Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message news:eek:psf8knet02394fv@hnbmarr...
    >I am looking for image recovery software, that is able to restore
    >_fragmented_ pictures(JPG) from a formated compact flash memory card.
    >
    > I've tried various programs but they are only capable restoring the
    > unfragmented pictures from a quick-formated memory card.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Rob

    www.imagerecall.com
    www.image-recall.com
    if neither of the above links work try substituting .com for co.uk

    I also have even more thorough results from rescuepro. Despite formatting
    my card several times it retrieved pictures i shot back in may.

    Mr Jessop, Oct 21, 2004

  3. Rob

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <opsf8knet02394fv@hnbmarr>, Rob says...
    > I am looking for image recovery software, that is able to restore
    > _fragmented_ pictures(JPG) from a formated compact flash memory card.

    That's tough - how is the recovery software supposed to know which
    fragment belongs to which image if the FAT is lost ?
    It's always a good idea to format a memory card in-camera to reuse it
    when it's full or half-full. At least the image files won't be
    fragmented and image recovery will be easier.
    --

    Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon, Oct 21, 2004
  4. Rob

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 00:35:11 +0200, in rec.photo.digital Alfred Molon
    <> wrote:

    >In article <opsf8knet02394fv@hnbmarr>, Rob says...
    >> I am looking for image recovery software, that is able to restore
    >> _fragmented_ pictures(JPG) from a formated compact flash memory card.

    >That's tough - how is the recovery software supposed to know which
    >fragment belongs to which image if the FAT is lost ?
    >It's always a good idea to format a memory card in-camera to reuse it
    >when it's full or half-full. At least the image files won't be
    >fragmented and image recovery will be easier.

    It's my understanding the controllers on the chip direct data to other
    segments based on use, given the fact that each memory location has a
    finite number of write operations being able to be performed.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Oct 21, 2004
  5. Rob

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Ed Ruf wrote:

    > On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 00:35:11 +0200, in rec.photo.digital Alfred Molon
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>In article <opsf8knet02394fv@hnbmarr>, Rob says...
    >>
    >>>I am looking for image recovery software, that is able to restore
    >>>_fragmented_ pictures(JPG) from a formated compact flash memory card.

    >>That's tough - how is the recovery software supposed to know which
    >>fragment belongs to which image if the FAT is lost ?
    >>It's always a good idea to format a memory card in-camera to reuse it
    >>when it's full or half-full. At least the image files won't be
    >>fragmented and image recovery will be easier.

    > It's my understanding the controllers on the chip direct data to other
    > segments based on use, given the fact that each memory location has a
    > finite number of write operations being able to be performed.
    > Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    > http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Try PhotoRescue eval copy. If it works you can then register to save
    what's there.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Oct 22, 2004