    Note the gray areas on the girl's face.

    Any idea?

    , May 15, 2006

  2. Bigguy Guest

    If you are converting from RAW you could have corrected the underexposure of
    the girl...

    Check your colour space settings...

    Guy

    Bigguy, May 15, 2006

  3. Guest

    The girl image is not a good photo, I didnt put much time into it. I
    put it there just to show the problem. Which color space should I use?
    I never changed it.

    , May 15, 2006
  4. wrote:
    > The girl image is not a good photo, I didnt put much time into it. I
    > put it there just to show the problem. Which color space should I use?
    > I never changed it.

    I didn't see you had double posted this. I've answered this in the other
    thread.

    If you have more questions, please post to the other one.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, May 15, 2006
  5. wrote:
    > I recently switched to Mac and opted for their very expensive .mac
    > service. My problem is that it looks like all the images I upload get
    > washed and have like a grayish feel to them. They lack in contrast and
    > range compared with the images as viewed from the original files.

    The images you linked are tagged as aRGB, so I assume they are in fact
    aRGB. That won't work well with the majority of browsers out there
    (which don't know colour spaces and assume everything to be in sRGB).
    Exceptions being Safari and IE for Mac, AFAIK.

    You appear to be using Firefox. I bet if you open the pics in Safari, or
    drag them onto the desktop and double-click them (to open them in
    Preview) they will look just fine.

    If you want to publish for Web viewing you should convert to sRGB (e.g.
    "save for web" in PS), otherwise most people will miss out on the full
    impact of your artistic stylings... ;)

    Cheers
    Steffen.

    Steffen Kluge, May 16, 2006