    Have the pros and expert enthusiasts here become pretty tired of such
    requests ?
    , Jan 18, 2006

  2. Tony Cooper Guest

    On 18 Jan 2006 13:02:57 -0800, wrote:

    >Is there a free image hosting service that could be called *the* place
    >to go, somewhat like the way Google has become 'the' search engine ?
    >I've heard of imageshack.us and photobucket.com, and there seem to be
    >dozens of others.
    >
    >I would like to upload a few of my recent efforts and ask for comments.
    >Have the pros and expert enthusiasts here become pretty tired of such
    >requests ?

    First check out your own ISP. Many include some webspace as part of
    your account. Earthlink, for example, gives me free webspace. It
    really doesn't make any difference to the reader if you upload to your
    Earthlink account or to some dedicated image host when you're posting
    a link in a newsgroup for a single image.

    --

    Tony Cooper
    Orlando, FL
    Tony Cooper, Jan 18, 2006

  3. simon Guest

    simon, Jan 18, 2006
  4. Matt Ion Guest

    wrote:
    > Is there a free image hosting service that could be called *the* place
    > to go, somewhat like the way Google has become 'the' search engine ?
    > I've heard of imageshack.us and photobucket.com, and there seem to be
    > dozens of others.
    >
    > I would like to upload a few of my recent efforts and ask for comments.
    > Have the pros and expert enthusiasts here become pretty tired of such
    > requests ?

    Google will do that too:

    "Put pictures on your own site, for free.

    "Picasa's Blogger button automatically transfers your selected pictures
    and text up to your blog."

    http://picasa.google.com/features/features-share.html

    You could also join www.photosig.com and put your pictures up there for
    critique.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0603-3, 01/18/2006
    Tested on: 1/18/2006 4:43:37 PM
    Matt Ion, Jan 19, 2006
  5. Bruce Lewis Guest

    writes:

    > Is there a free image hosting service that could be called *the* place
    > to go, somewhat like the way Google has become 'the' search engine ?

    No.

    > I've heard of imageshack.us and photobucket.com, and there seem to be
    > dozens of others.

    Correct.

    > I would like to upload a few of my recent efforts and ask for comments.
    > Have the pros and expert enthusiasts here become pretty tired of such
    > requests ?

    Maybe some have. For their sake, use a meaningful subject line so
    they'll know to skip over your posting. There are plenty of other
    experts who haven't tired of posting comments, and this is as good a
    place as any to ask. That also means you don't need to host your photos
    somewhere that has its own comments system.

    --

    http://ourdoings.com/ Easily organize and disseminate news and
    photos for your family or group.
    Bruce Lewis, Jan 19, 2006