Image file-names

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by GARY, Oct 28, 2011.

  1. GARY

    GARY Guest

    When I take 400 photos with my LUMIX DMC-TZ4, the file-names are
    sequential:

    P1000001.jpg
    thru
    P1000400.jpg

    ===========

    Later, I delete files:

    P1000123.jpg
    P1000222.jpg
    P1000291.jpg
    P1000335.jpg

    =================

    When I take 4 new pictures, will they get file-names:

    P1000123.jpg
    P1000222.jpg
    P1000291.jpg
    P1000335.jpg

    or:

    P1000401.jpg
    P1000402.jpg
    P1000403.jpg
    P1000404.jpg

    ?????
    GARY, Oct 28, 2011

  2. In article <>,
    GARY <> wrote:
    >When I take 400 photos with my LUMIX DMC-TZ4, the file-names are
    >sequential:
    >
    >P1000001.jpg
    > thru
    >P1000400.jpg
    >
    >===========
    >
    >Later, I delete files:
    >
    >P1000123.jpg
    >P1000222.jpg
    >P1000291.jpg
    >P1000335.jpg
    >
    >=================
    >
    >When I take 4 new pictures, will they get file-names:
    >
    >P1000123.jpg
    >P1000222.jpg
    >P1000291.jpg
    >P1000335.jpg
    >
    >or:
    >
    >P1000401.jpg
    >P1000402.jpg
    >P1000403.jpg
    >P1000404.jpg
    >
    >?????

    The second case. Just take a few junk pictures and see for yourself.
    --
    ------
    columbiaclosings.com
    (Ted Nolan, Oct 28, 2011