Image Display Problem w/ Dell 4100 PC

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike, Dec 21, 2003.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    At work we have a Dell 4100 PC, W98SE, nVidia 32 Dell video adapter. The
    image on the monitor is washed out, very low contrast,
    with significant horizontal streaking in the image. I entered the 4100's
    express service code at the dell support site
    but it didn't recognize the service code. no kidding. This is the first
    time this as happened to me. Next, I searched the Dell support site for
    video drivers for the 4100 and found the appropriate nVidia video driver.
    After installing it the on screen image had a
    little more color, but still displayed the same washed out colors, lows
    contrast, horizontal streaking. Swapped monitor and still the same video
    problems.
    RFemoved/reseated the video adapter. Any suggestions how I might fix this
    problem? I've seen it before on Win98SE PCs.

    About a six months ago, I removed an OEM ATI N625 video adapter from a Dell
    Optiplex 260 or 270.
    If I could find drivers for the card I'll remove the NVidia card from the
    Dell 4100 and see if makes a difference.
    How can I locate drivers for the ATI card?

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Mike, Dec 21, 2003

  2. Mike

    Unk Guest

    Right-click the desktop, Properties, Settings tab, Advanced Button, and
    click the tab for the Nvidia card. It has extensive settings. Maybe one
    will help. Look for the one with "Color Correction"

    Unk, Dec 21, 2003

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    good point. I did the advanced, but didn't modify the "color correction"
    I'll try it.

    Mike

    Mike, Dec 21, 2003
  4. Mike

    Unk Guest

    A search at http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html shows the 625 as a
    RADEON LE. http://www.ati.com/support/products/pc/radeon/radeonle.html#1
    If that's the case, they have the drivers available here:
    http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/...prod=productsME98driver&submit.x=8&submit.y=7

    Unk, Dec 21, 2003
  5. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Found on the video card's ciruit board:

    ATI RAGE 128 Ultra

    At least it appears to be RAGE. Not enought room for RADEON.
    I'll revist the ATI site.

    I d/l the drivers and will try it today or tomorrow.

    Mike

    Mike, Dec 21, 2003
  6. Mike

    ronniehubbard

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    hi,

    u can try some driver updater app. like Driver Detective, Driver Agent or Advanced Driver Optimizer they will get you the latest updates 4 ur drivers so u dnt hve to search them.

    u can try dere trial version to see if dey show updates. I prefer Advanced driver optimizer as with it I hve to just scan n update all my drivers in single click.

    ronniehubbard, Jul 5, 2010