    Is Windows 7 really that much bigger than Windows XP?
    Or is Toshiba pre-loading too much stuff on new laptops?

    How can I get a minimal Windows 7 image backup?

    Nomen Nescio, Dec 30, 2009

  2. Nomen Nescio

    Carlos Guest

    Nomen.
    Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate will "only" take around 15 gigabytes of hard disk
    space.
    The rest of the installed apps should be blamed for your gap to 48 gigs.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 30, 2009

  3. Nomen Nescio

    Kue2 Guest

    delete your windows.old directory, if you don't need any files from it.
    also keep only the most recent restore points.
    You will save a great deal of space doing these 2 things.
    Then make a backup using Acronis? what version?

    Kue2, Dec 30, 2009
  4. Nomen Nescio

    Daves Spam Guest

    I just did a clean install of Win7 and after reloading everything that was
    in my Vista Ultimate 64 I ended up backing up just over 75 gigs with Acronis
    compared to 148 gigs with Acronis just minutes before deleting out Vista.
    So my question is are you comparing apples to apples? Do both machines have
    all the same programs installed.

    Daves Spam, Dec 30, 2009
  5. Nomen Nescio

    GS Guest

    I don't know what you guess have on w7 but my w7 ultimate takes up less than
    22 GB w/o compression.
    Software office 2007, vstudio 2008, vstudio 2010beta, .net 3.5, pb12 , have
    yet to get rid unnecessary windows files and temp files

    GS, Dec 30, 2009