    just go to the Apple store!

    Suggestions welcome.

    lizzieb

    lizzieb, Aug 9, 2006

  2. lizzieb

    PM Guest

    lizzieb wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Just had a call from a friends friend who has an imac and it sounds like the
    > recent lightning has blown her internal modem. Now I know its only a 5
    > minute job to put a new modem in a PC. Is it the same for imacs? Do they
    > use completely different modems etc. Should I just not have anything to do
    > with macs? i posted the question on alt.mac and got the reply that I should
    > just go to the Apple store!

    Most of the imcas I've seen had "internal modems" built into the
    motherboard. Your best bet might be to get an external USB modem. Apple
    seems to make one:
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=MA034Z/A

    PM, Aug 11, 2006

  3. lizzieb

    lizzieb Guest

    Thanks - the Apple Store seems to be the place to go and helpful too.

    Lizzie

    lizzieb, Aug 12, 2006