    I'm using a G4 Imac. It has a usb & firewire ports.
    How can I use an Imacon scanner with a scci port to work efficiently?
    Thank
    Tomas, Apr 5, 2004

  2. Tomas

    Quaoar Guest

    Tomas wrote:
    > I'm using a G4 Imac. It has a usb & firewire ports.
    > How can I use an Imacon scanner with a scci port to work efficiently?
    > Thank

    The specs have no scsi interface, even internally (looks like PCI bus or
    something similar). I think you are out of luck unless you can find a
    used Mac on eBay with a scsi bus.

    Quaoar, Apr 6, 2004

  3. Tomas

    Chuck Reti Guest

    In article <c4s049$4uc$>, "Tomas" <>
    wrote:

    > I'm using a G4 Imac. It has a usb & firewire ports.
    > How can I use an Imacon scanner with a scci port to work efficiently?
    > Thank

    You would need a Firewire>SCSI converter, which, I think (but could be
    wrong!), are only available as PCI cards or PCMCIA cards, neither
    of which of course are applicable to the iMac platform. A G4 or G5 tower
    does have available PCI slots for such a card. You would also have to
    check that Imacon has drivers and support software for the hardware and
    operating system (OS 9.x or OS X 10.x) you're using.
    Imacon does have native Firewire scanners, but probably not a solution
    for you just now.
    --
    Chuck Reti
    Detroit MI