I'm still looking for an auto-answer speakerphone.

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Kyler Laird, Aug 17, 2004.

  1. Kyler Laird

    Kyler Laird Guest

    About a year ago I was gung-ho about VoIP and wanted to switch my
    home to it. Before doing so, I need to replicate the intercom/
    paging functionality of my cheapo AT&T system. I asked about VoIP
    phones that could be configured to automatically pick up select
    incoming calls in handsfree mode.
    I didn't get any leads.

    Well, back then I'd ordered some Digium doorstops (USB FXS devices
    that didn't get supported) and I didn't get far. I decided to try
    again recently and bought an IAXy that often works. Now I want to
    try again to replace my home system. First I want to figure out
    which phones to use.

    So...are there any updates? Can any Asterisk-compatible VoIP or
    analog phones be configured to automatically answer some calls
    (based on caller ID or, ideally, distinctive ring) in handsfree

    Thank you.

    Kyler Laird, Aug 17, 2004

  2. Kyler Laird

    Kyler Laird Guest