I'm still looking for an auto-answer speakerphone.

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Kyler Laird, Aug 17, 2004.

  1. Kyler Laird

    Kyler Laird Guest

    About a year ago I was gung-ho about VoIP and wanted to switch my
    home to it. Before doing so, I need to replicate the intercom/
    paging functionality of my cheapo AT&T system. I asked about VoIP
    phones that could be configured to automatically pick up select
    incoming calls in handsfree mode.
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=
    I didn't get any leads.

    Well, back then I'd ordered some Digium doorstops (USB FXS devices
    that didn't get supported) and I didn't get far. I decided to try
    again recently and bought an IAXy that often works. Now I want to
    try again to replace my home system. First I want to figure out
    which phones to use.

    So...are there any updates? Can any Asterisk-compatible VoIP or
    analog phones be configured to automatically answer some calls
    (based on caller ID or, ideally, distinctive ring) in handsfree
    mode?

    Thank you.

    --kyler
    Kyler Laird, Aug 17, 2004