I'm now a MCSA Win2k3 Server

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by blastingfonda, Apr 1, 2005.

  1. ....as of March 31, 2005.

    Does this mean I can belittle you all?

    blastingfonda, Apr 1, 2005

  2. blastingfonda

    Jon Guest

    What!!! You are a SERVER now???

    "blastingfonda" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > ...as of March 31, 2005.
    >
    > Does this mean I can belittle you all?

    Jon, Apr 1, 2005

  3. No... that's the little tag-on at the end of the cert that
    differentiates it from the lowly peon Windows 2000 Server MCSAs...

    blastingfonda, Apr 1, 2005
  4. Chris M wrote:
    > "blastingfonda" <> wrote in message
    > > ...as of March 31, 2005.
    > >
    > > Does this mean I can belittle you all?

    > *shakes fist* I'll catch you up, just you wait...
    >
    > ;-) Once again, well done!

    Heheh thanks... the initiation ceremony was a little weird though. Lots
    of black robes, paddles and some sheep.

    blastingfonda, Apr 1, 2005
  5. blastingfonda

    fmsmcse Guest

    What exam(s) have you passed. The core or 292?

    Congratulations.

    fmsmcse, Apr 1, 2005
  6. blastingfonda

    catwalker63 Guest

    "blastingfonda" <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > No... that's the little tag-on at the end of the cert that
    > differentiates it from the lowly peon Windows 2000 Server MCSAs...

    :p

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    “If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man, but it would
    deteriorate the cat.” Mark Twain

    catwalker63, Apr 1, 2005
  7. 70-290, 70-291, 70-270, 70-228.

    This is my first attempt getting any sort of cert whatsoever. For years
    as a sys admin, I scoffed at the very notion that a piece of paper was
    a better representation than experience + skills. In today's climate,
    unfortunately, you need experience + skills + paper to even have a
    fighting chance.

    blastingfonda, Apr 1, 2005
  8. blastingfonda

    fmsmcse Guest

    Sure thing, hands-on is everything.

    Paper is great to get a job, it's when you face shits during the day is when
    you are gonna show who you are.

    I don't care if you brain dumped, so what? What do I have to do with your
    life?? But fools insist on bothering people overhere.....

    Congratulations again.

    fmsmcse, Apr 2, 2005
  9. fmsmcse wrote:
    > Sure thing, hands-on is everything.
    >
    > Paper is great to get a job, it's when you face shits during the day

    is when
    > you are gonna show who you are.
    >
    > I don't care if you brain dumped, so what? What do I have to do with

    your
    > life?? But fools insist on bothering people overhere.....

    Braindumping lowers the value of the piece of paper, though. Imagine if
    leaves were currency instead of printed paper. Dollars would be
    worthless, as you could just as easily pluck a leaf off a tree as
    obtain a printed dollar.

    The same is true with braindumping.

    blastingfonda, Apr 2, 2005
  10. blastingfonda

    fmsmcse Guest

    do you think that using test king, transcender or another simulator is
    cheatting?

    if so, everyone might be braindumping, these apps sell a lot and i think
    they have an agreement with ms.

    fmsmcse, Apr 2, 2005
  11. blastingfonda

    catwalker63 Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?Zm1zbWNzZQ==?=" <> prattled
    ceaslessly in news::

    > do you think that using test king, transcender or another simulator is
    > cheatting?
    >
    > if so, everyone might be braindumping, these apps sell a lot and i
    > think they have an agreement with ms.

    MS does not have any sort of agreement with testking or any other
    braindump producing a.s.s.f.u.c.k.e.r.s and whether they sell alot is
    irrelevant. Transcender is not a braindump but it is not endorsed by
    Microsoft either. The only two simulation providers that Microsoft
    endorses are SelfTest and Measure Up. If you do not want to risk losing
    your current certifications and receiving a lifetime ban, don't use
    braindumps. Microsoft considers braindumps cheating and so do the rest
    of us who earned our certs.

    catwalker63, Apr 2, 2005
  12. fmsmcse wrote:
    > do you think that using test king, transcender or another simulator

    is
    > cheatting?
    >
    > if so, everyone might be braindumping, these apps sell a lot and i

    think
    > they have an agreement with ms.

    I think there's a huge difference between providing questions that are
    similar in nature to what's on the test (transcender) and providing the
    EXACT questions on the test (testking).

    Again, if any fool is capable of cheating their way to an MCSE, what
    value is there in it? Don't you want all the effort you put into
    getting an MCSE to amount to something?

    blastingfonda, Apr 2, 2005
  13. blastingfonda

    fmsmcse Guest

    I thought people were stating that test simulations were like braindumping, I
    had the wrong concept about braindumping, I'm sorry.
    Regarding losing all certs, I'm in the know and not stupid enough to lose
    all the study effort I've put up to today.

    Thanks for clarifying.

    fmsmcse, Apr 2, 2005
  14. blastingfonda

    Guest Guest

    nopes. it only means u've got more troubles on your hand.
    cos now u have to be able to support users in ur present
    job and u better not mess up.
    congrats anyway but i think you should go ahead and be
    MCSE THEN U CAN THINK OF WORKING ON OUR HEADS OK.

    OYETUNJI

    Guest, Apr 3, 2005
  15. wrote:
    > nopes. it only means u've got more troubles on your hand.
    > cos now u have to be able to support users in ur present
    > job and u better not mess up.

    Nope, at my current job it's the same amount of luser headaches as
    prior to obtaining a piece of paper. Nothing's changed.

    > congrats anyway but i think you should go ahead and be
    > MCSE THEN U CAN THINK OF WORKING ON OUR HEADS OK.

    Maybe. But I can make fun of your abysmal English skills well prior to
    obtaining my MCSE.

    > OYETUNJI

    GRWEYFHGURI

    blastingfonda, Apr 3, 2005
  16. Frisbee® wrote:

    > Congrats, BF, and here's hoping that you stick around and continue to

    post.

    > We've got our eye(s) on you for perhaps another potential cert.
    >
    > BTW, what exactly does "blastingfonda" mean, anyway? You got

    something
    > against Jane Fonda, even after she recently conceded that she was

    wrong?

    Nope, it's a song title from a band called Wilco. You may have heard of
    'em. They just won a Grammy this year actually.

    Nothing against Hanoi Jane, but I don't put much credence in anything
    she says either. ;-)

    blastingfonda, Apr 6, 2005