    any special software needed for to "program" it

    any help would be appreciated
    finni

    finniganj, Apr 23, 2004

  2. finniganj

    jorg Guest

    you need a console cable to configure the router from your pc... it's a
    rolled cable, if i remember correctly...
    maybe you should get yourself a decent cisco ios book to get started...

    jorg, Apr 23, 2004

  3. finniganj wrote:
    > hi I got a used catalyst 2100 it came with no software mires or manuals I
    > need to know what the proper cable for the console port is and if there is
    > any special software needed for to "program" it
    >
    > any help would be appreciated
    > finni

    Finniganj,

    Yes, you need a rolled cable.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps332/products_tech_note09186a0080094ce6.shtml#topic8

    Copy and paste that into your browser, that will show you the rolled
    cable layout. One end into your PC and the other into your console port
    on your switch.

    Timothy Lewis, May 21, 2005