    maps.

    Can anyone direct me to some good places to look?

    Brian

    Brian, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Brian

    Mark Hackett Guest

    Brian wrote:

    > I primarily use my nice desktop. But I need a cheap laptop, speed doesn't
    > matter, just looking for windows 98 (or higher) and a usb port. My cell
    > phone doesnt work with a serial cable, and my old laptop now is win95 with
    > no usb ports or anything so im SOL. I need a win98 laptop with a usb port
    > to be able to use my cell to get online.
    >
    > Where is my best bet to get a laptop? Can I get a decent price on a laptop
    > considering age and speed, since I don't need much? Will just be used to
    > get online during a long road trip via cell to chat and get a few
    > directions or maps.
    >
    > Can anyone direct me to some good places to look?
    >
    > Brian

    Try Multivision. (www.multivision.co.uk, I think). For less than a grand you
    can get an Athlon 2000+, 40GB HDD, 15" monitor, DVD/CDRW and proper ATI9000
    mobility graphics.

    Mark Hackett, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Brian

    Phil Guest

    "Mark Hackett" <> wrote in message
    > Brian wrote:
    >
    > > I primarily use my nice desktop. But I need a cheap laptop, speed

    doesn't
    > > matter, just looking for windows 98 (or higher) and a usb port. My cell
    > > phone doesnt work with a serial cable, and my old laptop now is win95

    with
    > > no usb ports or anything so im SOL. I need a win98 laptop with a usb

    port
    > > to be able to use my cell to get online.
    > >
    > > Where is my best bet to get a laptop? Can I get a decent price on a

    laptop
    > > considering age and speed, since I don't need much? Will just be used to
    > > get online during a long road trip via cell to chat and get a few
    > > directions or maps.
    > >
    > > Can anyone direct me to some good places to look?
    > >
    > > Brian

    > Try Multivision. (www.multivision.co.uk, I think). For less than a grand

    you
    > can get an Athlon 2000+, 40GB HDD, 15" monitor, DVD/CDRW and proper

    ATI9000
    > mobility graphics.

    And that is cheap, is it???????

    Not to the real world!!!!

    Phil, Oct 26, 2003
  4. Brian

    Harrison Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/sego

    Harrison, Oct 26, 2003
  5. Brian

    hugh jass Guest

    I believe the poster is from the U.S., so a U.K. company may not be very
    useful to him.
    hj
    ______________________
    : Brian wrote:
    :
    : > I primarily use my nice desktop. But I need a cheap laptop, speed
    doesn't
    : > matter, just looking for windows 98 (or higher) and a usb port. My cell
    : > phone doesnt work with a serial cable, and my old laptop now is win95
    with
    : > no usb ports or anything so im SOL. I need a win98 laptop with a usb
    port
    : > to be able to use my cell to get online.
    : >

    hugh jass, Oct 26, 2003
  6. On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 10:11:03 -0500, "hugh jass"
    <> wrote:

    >I believe the poster is from the U.S., so a U.K. company may not be very
    >useful to

    Besides, back when I bought my laptop, I picked up 2-3 for $150-300 a
    piece.... Granted, this was when my desktop (Pentium II 1000mHz) was
    brand new, and these laptops where 80486's, but well capable of
    running Windows'98.... Look for a second hand laptop, but be
    careful....

    John H. Guillory, Oct 26, 2003