    Pentium 4 HT
    Pentium M
    , Sep 13, 2005

  2. Old Gringo Guest

    Good Read: http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1040-5746175.html

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Old Gringo, Sep 13, 2005

  3. On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 02:40:02 GMT, Old Gringo
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> I'm going to buy a laptop.I don't which one to buy
    >> can anyone tell me the difference between
    >> Pentium Centrino
    >> Pentium 4 HT
    >> Pentium M
    >>

    >Good Read: http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1040-5746175.html

    How does your reference answer the question asked?
    Edward W. Thompson, Sep 13, 2005
  4. Ingeborg Guest

    wrote in news:1126578849.836617.67500
    @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > I'm going to buy a laptop.I don't which one to buy
    > can anyone tell me the difference between
    > Pentium Centrino
    > Pentium 4 HT
    > Pentium M

    Pentium Centrino doesn't exist. Intel sells the Centrino platform, which is
    basically a chipset/processor (Pentium M) combination, designed for
    laptops. Low power consumption, Wifi in the chipset.
    Pentium 4 HT is a desktop processor with hyperthreading capabilities, which
    is a way to use the processor more efficient by emulating a 2nd processor
    which uses the resources not in use by the 1st processor. Not a very good
    processor for laptops which have to run on batteries, since it's high power
    consuming.
    Pentium M is a low power consuming processor, which is designed for
    laptops.
    Ingeborg, Sep 13, 2005
  5. Whiskers Guest

    On 2005-09-13, Ingeborg <> wrote:
    > wrote in news:1126578849.836617.67500
    > @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> I'm going to buy a laptop.I don't which one to buy
    >> can anyone tell me the difference between
    >> Pentium Centrino
    >> Pentium 4 HT
    >> Pentium M

    snip

    > Pentium 4 HT is a desktop processor with hyperthreading capabilities, which
    > is a way to use the processor more efficient by emulating a 2nd processor
    > which uses the resources not in use by the 1st processor. Not a very good
    > processor for laptops which have to run on batteries, since it's high power
    > consuming.

    I get about 90 - 100 minutes on battery power with this P4HT laptop. But
    with its 17" screen it's too big and heavy to carry very far, so it spends
    nearly all its time plugged in to the mains and sitting on a table :))

    You need to decide for yourself whether 'speed' or 'portability' is more
    important to you. This machine is effectively a desktop PC that happens to
    be very compact and easily moved around, rather than something to carry
    about in a bag and use 'anywhere'.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Sep 13, 2005
  6. Old Gringo Guest

    Edward W. Thompson wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 02:40:02 GMT, Old Gringo
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm going to buy a laptop.I don't which one to buy
    >>>can anyone tell me the difference between
    >>>Pentium Centrino
    >>>Pentium 4 HT
    >>>Pentium M
    >>>

    >>Good Read: http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1040-5746175.html

    > How does your reference answer the question asked?

    :) Are you a retired English teacher?

    Old Gringo, Sep 13, 2005
  7. Trax Guest

    Old Gringo <> wrote:

    |>Edward W. Thompson wrote:

    |>> How does your reference answer the question asked?
    |>:) Are you a retired English teacher?

    Just being able to read english; one does wonder why you referenced a
    Pentium question to an AMD site.

    --

    http://media.putfile.com/PurePwnage-WoWisafeeling
    Trax, Sep 13, 2005
  8. Old Gringo Guest

    Trax wrote:
    > Old Gringo <> wrote:

    > |>:) Are you a retired English teacher?
    >
    > Just being able to read english; one does wonder why you referenced a
    > Pentium question to an AMD site.

    Selection is not limited to Intel, and yours is not to reason why.

    Old Gringo, Sep 13, 2005
  9. Old Gringo Guest

    Trax wrote:
    > Old Gringo <> wrote:

    > |>:) Are you a retired English teacher?
    >
    > Just being able to read english; one does wonder why you referenced a
    > Pentium question to an AMD site.

    Hi Pennywise; I don't read headers, only reply to post. :)

    Old Gringo, Sep 13, 2005
  10. Old Gringo Guest

    Trax wrote:
    > Old Gringo <> wrote:

    > |>:) Are you a retired English teacher?
    >
    > Just being able to read english; one does wonder why you referenced a
    > Pentium question to an AMD site.

    PS: Intel.com is just a click away with all the information about
    their processors that anyone might ever want to know.

    Old Gringo, Sep 13, 2005
  11. In article Xns96D074D3DCA2Aabinvalid@216.168.3.44,
    Ingeborg <> said:
    -->
    --> wrote in news:1126578849.836617.67500
    -->@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    -->
    -->> I'm going to buy a laptop.I don't which one to buy
    -->> can anyone tell me the difference between
    -->> Pentium Centrino
    -->> Pentium 4 HT
    -->> Pentium M
    -->>
    -->
[...]

    After reading the other shit replies, I thank you!!!

    Goodwill,
    Luke
    Luke O'Malley, Sep 16, 2005
  12. In article ,
    said:
    -->
    -->
    -->I'm going to buy a laptop.I don't which one to buy
    -->can anyone tell me the difference between
    -->Pentium Centrino
    -->Pentium 4 HT
    -->Pentium M
    -->
    -->
    -->
    -->
    I am certainly not an expert in this matter, but I think you are in
    a postion that I have been in the past - you don't know how to ask
    the question! You have to decide what you are going to use the
    laptop for, this is critical.

    A short anecdote: a friend asked me if I could get him a laptop -
    real cheap. I asked what he why he wanted it. Since he is a writer
    he said that he wanted to use it to copy a novel he was working on.
    He needed a word processor. I looked around in some obscure places
    and came up with a laptop for $100. It even had MS Word on it.

    I said, "Hey Tom, here it is!" He said, "Great, can I get on the
    internet with this?" Obviously there is more to the story but I'm
    sure you get the point.

    Do you want to use it to download films? MP3 files? surf the net?
    write letters?, etc. Maybe all of these. Once you decide, find out
    what will satisfy you needs, and then double it!!! That is, with
    speed and storage. You can never have too much.

    Goodwill,
    Luke
    Luke O'Malley, Sep 17, 2005