    Robert Brown Guest

    Can anyone recommend an alternative to Windows IM or MS IM for use with
    Firefox?

    Robert Brown, Sep 23, 2006

  2. Robert Brown

    gwtc Guest

    Robert Brown wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend an alternative to Windows IM or MS IM for use with
    > Firefox?

    try these:
    http://jabberzilla.mozdev.org/notes/start.html
    http://www.jabber.org/
    http://jabberzilla.jabberstudio.org/
    http://aimfire.mozdev.org/

    --
    An recent Italian immigrant to New York wanted a job, but the foreman
    won't hire him until he passes a little math test. "Here's your first
    question," the foreman said. "Without using numbers, represent the
    number 9." "Without numbers?" the Italian says, "Dat is easy." And he
    proceeds to draw three trees. "What's this?" the boss asks. "Ave you
    got no brain? Tree and tree and tree make nine," says the Italian.
    "Fair enough," says the boss. "Here's your second question. Use the
    same rules, but this time the number is 99." The Italian stares into
    space for a while, then picks up the picture that he has just drawn
    and makes a smudge on each tree. "Ere you go." The boss scratches his
    head and says, "How on earth do you get that to represent 99?" "Each
    of da trees is dirty now. So, it's dirty tree, and dirty tree, and
    dirty tree. Dat is 99." "All right, last question. Same rules again,
    but represent the number 100." The Italian man stares into space some
    more, then he picks up the picture again and makes a little mark at
    the base of each tree and says, "Ere you go. One hundred." The boss
    looks at the attempt. "You must be nuts if you think that represents a
    hundred!" . . . You're going to love this one!!! But unfortunately,
    its to be continued. You're going to have to wait till tomorrow for
    the punch line!

    gwtc, Sep 23, 2006

  3. gwtc <7yjsIFfetn> writes:

    >Robert Brown wrote:
    >> Can anyone recommend an alternative to Windows IM or MS IM for use with
    >> Firefox?

    >try these:
    >http://jabberzilla.mozdev.org/notes/start.html
    >http://www.jabber.org/
    >http://jabberzilla.jabberstudio.org/
    >http://aimfire.mozdev.org/

    >An recent Italian immigrant to New York wanted a job, but the foreman won't
    >hire him until he passes a little math test. "Here's your first question,"
    >the foreman said. "Without using numbers, represent the number 9." "Without
    >numbers?" the Italian says, "Dat is easy." And he proceeds to draw three
    >trees. "What's this?" the boss asks. "Ave you got no brain? Tree and tree
    >and tree make nine," says the Italian. "Fair enough," says the boss. "Here's
    >your second question. Use the same rules, but this time the number is 99."
    >The Italian stares into space for a while, then picks up the picture that he
    >has just drawn and makes a smudge on each tree. "Ere you go." The boss
    >scratches his head and says, "How on earth do you get that to represent 99?"
    >"Each of da trees is dirty now. So, it's dirty tree, and dirty tree, and dirty
    >tree. Dat is 99." "All right, last question. Same rules again, but represent
    >the number 100." The Italian man stares into space some more, then he picks
    >up the picture again and makes a little mark at the base of each tree and
    >says, "Ere you go. One hundred." The boss looks at the attempt. "You must be
    >nuts if you think that represents a hundred!" . . . You're going to love this
    >one!!! But unfortunately, its to be continued. You're going to have to wait
    >till tomorrow for the punch line!

    Sorry...that's an old one: dirty tree and a turd, dirty tree and a turd,
    dirty tree and a turd...adds up to 100. ;-)

    --
    Patrick "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey () Houston, Texas
    chiefinstigator.us.tt/aeros.php (TCI's 2006-07 Houston Aeros)

    The Chief Instigator, Sep 23, 2006
  4. Robert Brown

    gwtc Guest

    The Chief Instigator wrote:
    > gwtc <7yjsIFfetn> writes:
    >
    >> Robert Brown wrote:
    >>> Can anyone recommend an alternative to Windows IM or MS IM for use with
    >>> Firefox?

    >> try these:
    >> http://jabberzilla.mozdev.org/notes/start.html
    >> http://www.jabber.org/
    >> http://jabberzilla.jabberstudio.org/
    >> http://aimfire.mozdev.org/

    >> An recent Italian immigrant to New York wanted a job, but the foreman won't
    >> hire him until he passes a little math test. "Here's your first question,"
    >> the foreman said. "Without using numbers, represent the number 9." "Without
    >> numbers?" the Italian says, "Dat is easy." And he proceeds to draw three
    >> trees. "What's this?" the boss asks. "Ave you got no brain? Tree and tree
    >> and tree make nine," says the Italian. "Fair enough," says the boss. "Here's
    >> your second question. Use the same rules, but this time the number is 99."
    >> The Italian stares into space for a while, then picks up the picture that he
    >> has just drawn and makes a smudge on each tree. "Ere you go." The boss
    >> scratches his head and says, "How on earth do you get that to represent 99?"
    >> "Each of da trees is dirty now. So, it's dirty tree, and dirty tree, and dirty
    >> tree. Dat is 99." "All right, last question. Same rules again, but represent
    >> the number 100." The Italian man stares into space some more, then he picks
    >> up the picture again and makes a little mark at the base of each tree and
    >> says, "Ere you go. One hundred." The boss looks at the attempt. "You must be
    >> nuts if you think that represents a hundred!" . . . You're going to love this
    >> one!!! But unfortunately, its to be continued. You're going to have to wait
    >> till tomorrow for the punch line!

    > Sorry...that's an old one: dirty tree and a turd, dirty tree and a turd,
    > dirty tree and a turd...adds up to 100. ;-)

    you just couldn't wait could you. You just had to spoil it. Thanks a
    lot.

    gwtc, Sep 23, 2006
  5. Robert Brown

    Orbis Guest

    > you just couldn't wait could you. You just had to spoil it. Thanks a lot.

    It's hardly compliant of netiquette to post a huge sig like
    that anyway.

    Orbis, Sep 24, 2006
  6. Robert Brown

    gwtc Guest

    Orbis wrote:
    >> you just couldn't wait could you. You just had to spoil it. Thanks a lot.

    > It's hardly compliant of netiquette to post a huge sig like
    > that anyway.

    if you don't like my sigs, then don't read them. Thats simple and
    easy to do.

    --
    The Clever Italian Mathematician . . . continued from yesterday . . .
    The boss looks at the attempt. "You must be nuts if you think that

    gwtc, Sep 24, 2006