I'm enraged

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Death from Above, Apr 13, 2007.

  1. I have written and published a new post for those interested. Continue
    reading if you find yourself in that category.

    I just came across this message on the Prometric website
    (http://www.prometric.com/Microsoft/default.htm):

    Note: As of April 1, 2007, only citizens of India will be permitted to
    register for exams in our India test centers, and only citizens of China
    will be permitted to register for exams in our Mainland China test centers.
    If you have any questions, please contact Microsoft at

    This is not acceptable. One of my favorite things to do was to take my
    Microsoft exams in China or India. It was my way of mixing business with
    pleasure. This move by Microsoft will now force me to take my exams at a
    testing center a few miles from my work. This is just another attempt to
    punish those persons who love the Chinese and Indian people. You get two
    big thumbs down from me Microsoft.

    Death from Above
    Death from Above, Apr 13, 2007

  2. Death from Above

    Consultant Guest

    you should write a strongly worded letter

    Consultant, Apr 13, 2007

  3. Death from Above

    Frisbee® Guest

    >I have written and published a new post for those interested. Continue
    >reading if you find yourself in that category.
    >

    > I just came across this message on the Prometric website
    > (http://www.prometric.com/Microsoft/default.htm?wp_ml=0):
    >
    > Note: As of April 1, 2007, only citizens of India will be permitted to
    > register for exams in our India test centers, and only citizens of China
    > will be permitted to register for exams in our Mainland China test
    > centers. If you have any questions, please contact Microsoft at
    >

    > This is not acceptable. One of my favorite things to do was to take my
    > Microsoft exams in China or India. It was my way of mixing business with
    > pleasure. This move by Microsoft will now force me to take my exams at a
    > testing center a few miles from my work. This is just another attempt to
    > punish those persons who love the Chinese and Indian people. You get two
    > big thumbs down from me Microsoft.

    Do you also happen to have a Chinese and/or Indian restaurant withing a few
    miles of your work? You could just go to one of those restaurants
    beforehand and pretend you're in that country.

    Either that, or you could take your next business trip to Australia. And
    say "Hey!" to Wayne while you're there.
    Frisbee®, Apr 13, 2007
  4. Death from Above

    JaR Guest

    Re: I'm enraged [As are we all]

    I have written and published a new reply to the post by DfA. You may
    read it below.

    Death from Above wrote:
    > I have written and published a new post for those interested. Continue
    > reading if y<Inflammatory and totally justified semi-rant snipped> This is just another attempt to
    > punish those persons who love the Chinese and Indian people. You get two
    > big thumbs down from me Microsoft.
    >

    > Death from Above

    This affront to the noble Indian and Chinese peoples cannot be
    countenanced! Microsoft should not be permitted to take this
    discriminatory and racist move to stifle creative certification in these
    countries.

    E-mail Microsoft today and let them know that right-thinking MCPs
    everywhere decry this high-handed censure of two noble peoples and their
    ancient and respected cultures of open certification to all with the
    cash to buy it.

    I thank y'all.

    --
    JaR
    Speaking up for the oppressed and Don Imus
    JaR, Apr 13, 2007
  5. Death from Above

    Jtyc Guest

    > This is not acceptable.

    I don't see the problem myself, unless you are a heavy business traveler.
    Jtyc, Apr 13, 2007
  6. > I don't see the problem myself, unless you are a heavy business traveler.

    My girth has nothing to do with this discussion.

    Death from Above
    Death from Above, Apr 13, 2007
  7. > you should write a strongly worded letter

    I thought that was what I had just done. Are you trying to tell me that
    Bill Gates does not read this forum daily?

    Death from Above
    Death from Above, Apr 13, 2007
  8. Death from Above

    Jtyc Guest

    > My girth has nothing to do with this discussion.

    Isn't there a weight requirement for MCSE?
    Jtyc, Apr 13, 2007
  9. "Jtyc" wrote:
    > Isn't there a weight requirement for MCSE?

    Last I heard you had to weight (wait) two weeks after you failed your exam
    the second time. Just like Chinese food, only one week, six days, and
    twenty-three hours more.

    Personally, I think if you can show that you had a passport indicating that
    you were in the country involved when you took the test, it should be
    allowed, but I understand the reason for the ruling.

    What I am wondering is where Pakistanis are now going to take their tests.
    They can't take it in Pakistan, and now they aren't allowed to take it in
    India, either.

    Geez, how are the people at Te$tk1ng going to get their questions now?
    =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnlXZXN0TUNTRA==?=, Apr 13, 2007
  10. Death from Above

    Cerebrus Guest

    On Apr 13, 10:12 pm, LarryWestMCSD <LarryWest-at-hotmail-dot-com>
    wrote:

    > What I am wondering is where Pakistanis are now going to take their tests.
    > They can't take it in Pakistan, and now they aren't allowed to take it in
    > India, either.

    Oh, they never come to India with any tests on their mind. The only
    items on the itinerary are to plant bombs at a few public places. And
    testing centers aren't that well frequented to be soft targets.

    ----------
    Cerebrus.
    (You have no idea Who !)
    Cerebrus, Apr 14, 2007
  11. Death from Above

    Cerebrus Guest

    On Apr 13, 7:48 pm, "Death from Above" <>
    wrote:

    > One of my favorite things to do was to take my
    > Microsoft exams in China or India. It was my way of mixing business with
    > pleasure.

    Errr... I'm having difficulty making out which of those was business
    and which was pleasure. Kindly clarify ! ;-)

    > This is just another attempt to
    > punish those persons who love the Chinese and Indian people.

    Hmmm.. punishing an almost extinct sect of persons. Not fair at all !!

    ----------
    Cerebrus.
    (You have no idea Who !)
    Cerebrus, Apr 14, 2007
  12. Death from Above

    Linda Marie Guest

    They can test in their own countries - but only the citizens of these
    countries can test locally - that is the way I read it.
    So then the question that comes to my mind is - where on the transcript does
    it say what country you took the test in? I will probably have to logon and
    look at mine again - but I am pretty sure the good old words USA are not on
    it.
    So if it does not say WHERE you tested - it is all smoke and no fire.
    And darn I am going to be in New Dehli the end of this month for vacation
    and could of bought a test there. Sigh.
    Guess I will have to do it the hard way and study like before and test back
    in the US.
    Now that is unfair.

    Linda Marie

    Linda Marie, Apr 14, 2007
  13. Death from Above

    Cerebrus Guest

    On Apr 14, 5:20 pm, "Linda Marie" <> wrote:

    > And darn I am going to be in New Dehli the end of this month for vacation
    > and could of bought a test there. Sigh.

    Are you vacationing alone ? Good ! Then we can arrange a nice date,
    then a romantic candlelight dinner to cap off a wonderful evening.
    Forget about boring tests !

    -----
    Cerebrus.
    (You have no idea Who !)
    Cerebrus, Apr 14, 2007
  14. Death from Above

    MitchS Guest

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    >> My girth has nothing to do with this discussion.

    > Isn't there a weight requirement for MCSE?

    I think I'm in the same weight class as a Volvo. Is that enough?

    --
    MitchS
    MitchS, Apr 18, 2007
  15. Death from Above

    MitchS Guest

    "Linda Marie" <> wrote in message

    > And darn I am going to be in New Dehli the end of this month for vacation
    > and could of bought a test there. Sigh.

    You really need to look up vacation in the dickshunery.

    --
    MitchS
    MitchS, Apr 18, 2007
  16. Death from Above

    Jtyc Guest

    > I think I'm in the same weight class as a Volvo. Is that enough?

    I hope so. We have to compete with all those fat unix people so, beef up
    people!
    Jtyc, Apr 18, 2007
  17. Death from Above

    CertGuard Guest

    Information on this was posted in THIS newsgroup on March 24th by Cerebrus.

    I've had an ongoing conversation with someone that actually contacted
    Microsoft about this.

    Plz to be reading:
    http://www.certguard.com/The-Value-of-IT-Certifications.asp

    --
    CertGuard
    http://www.CertGuard.com

    CertGuard, Apr 22, 2007
  18. Death from Above

    Frisbee® Guest

    "CertGuard" <Newsgroups[at]CertGuard[dot]co_> wrote in message
    > Information on this was posted in THIS newsgroup on March 24th by
    > Cerebrus.
    >
    > I've had an ongoing conversation with someone that actually contacted
    > Microsoft about this.
    >
    > Plz to be reading:
    > http://www.certguard.com/The-Value-of-IT-Certifications.asp?wp_ml=0

    Interesting read. I'm glad MS is making some kinds of accomodations.
    Frisbee®, Apr 23, 2007
  19. Death from Above

    JaR Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in news:uhiiOBahHHA.4704
    @TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:

    > "CertGuard" <Newsgroups[at]CertGuard[dot]co_> wrote in message
    >> Information on this was posted in THIS newsgroup on March 24th by
    >> Cerebrus.
    >>
    >> I've had an ongoing conversation with someone that actually contacted
    >> Microsoft about this.
    >>
    >> Plz to be reading:
    >> http://www.certguard.com/The-Value-of-IT-Certifications.asp?wp_ml=0

    > Interesting read. I'm glad MS is making some kinds of accomodations.

    Interesting read indeed. One wonders if it would be worth flying to India
    for training from the US? Not that I would bother, but the cost of that 50
    day seminar sounds very attractive.

    JaR
    JaR, Apr 23, 2007
  20. Death from Above

    Frisbee® Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > "Frisbee®" <> wrote in news:uhiiOBahHHA.4704
    > @TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> "CertGuard" <Newsgroups[at]CertGuard[dot]co_> wrote in message
    >>> Information on this was posted in THIS newsgroup on March 24th by
    >>> Cerebrus.
    >>>
    >>> I've had an ongoing conversation with someone that actually contacted
    >>> Microsoft about this.
    >>>
    >>> Plz to be reading:
    >>> http://www.certguard.com/The-Value-of-IT-Certifications.asp?wp_ml=0

    >> Interesting read. I'm glad MS is making some kinds of accomodations.
    >>

    > Interesting read indeed. One wonders if it would be worth flying to India
    > for training from the US? Not that I would bother, but the cost of that 50
    > day seminar sounds very attractive.

    And if Cerberus would put us up, we could save the cost of the hotel, too.
    Hey, food even!

    I'm gonna go book my flight.
    Frisbee®, Apr 23, 2007