    some way re-associate everything to the new letter (as a batch job).
    Any help would be VERY gratefully recieved.
    Thanks
    El Duderino, Oct 20, 2004

  2. El Duderino

    dadiOH Guest

    El Duderino wrote:
    > I don't mean physically so zip back up again kiddies; Basically I
    > just had to reload XP over my old copy (mainly cos I am crap at
    > this 'puter stuff) and it seems to have renamed 2 of my partitions
    > and stuck my 2 CDRW's on the end, which letters were used as
    > partition letters. Now when I try to run some progs it tells me to
    > put a disc in G etc. Is there any way I can either reset the
    > partitions to their old letters or in some way re-associate
    > everything to the new letter (as a batch job). Any help would be
    > VERY gratefully recieved. Thanks

    Letter Assigner
    http://www.v72735.f2s.com/LetAssig/

    --
    dadiOH
    _____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
    ____________________________
    dadiOH, Oct 20, 2004

  3. El Duderino

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:57:04 GMT, El Duderino wrote:

    >I don't mean physically so zip back up again kiddies; Basically I just had
    >to reload XP over my old copy (mainly cos I am crap at this 'puter stuff)
    >and it seems to have renamed 2 of my partitions and stuck my 2 CDRW's on the
    >end, which letters were used as partition letters.
    >Now when I try to run some progs it tells me to put a disc in G etc. Is
    >there any way I can either reset the partitions to their old letters or in

    My Computer / Manage / Storage / Disk Management /
    Select Partition / right (primary mouse) click / Change Drive Letters
    and Paths.

    Or

    Start / Help and Support /
    Search , enter sonething like

    assign drive letters
    change drive letters

    To aid in swapping disks / letter changes between PCs, I always set
    volume labels like

    D3X03bassat16

    So that's

    Disk 3
    Letter X
    Partition 03
    (for Win2000/XP) bas/dyn for Basic / Dynamic or mir for mirror / stp for
    stripe.
    16 , capacity 160GB

    Another would be,

    D1H01dyn40mir

    >some way re-associate everything to the new letter (as a batch job).

    A batch job would be nice.

    >Any help would be VERY gratefully recieved.
    >Thanks

    Me
    why?, Oct 20, 2004
  4. El Duderino

    gb Guest

    Hi

    Right click on 'My Computer' (in the Start menu) and click Manage. This
    brings up a dialogue box called 'Computer Management' (you can also get here
    via Administrative Tools in the Control Panel).

    In this box, you will see all your partitions and CD drives. Right-click
    the relevant drives and select 'Change drive letters and paths'. Click the
    'Change...' button. Here you can specify the letter you wish.

    I like the way you ended off your post with 'be gratefully received',
    considering the subject title ;o)

    HTH

    gb

    gb, Oct 20, 2004
  5. In article <>,
    why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:

    >My Computer / Manage / Storage / Disk Management /
    >Select Partition / right (primary mouse) click / Change Drive Letters
    >and Paths.

    Do you have many friends?

    >Or

    Who is John Galt?

    >Start / Help and Support /
    >Search , enter sonething like

    When you get around to making up your mind, please let us know.

    >assign drive letters
    >change drive letters

    Nice backpedal.

    >To aid in swapping disks / letter changes between PCs, I always set
    >volume labels like

    Your silly denials won't get you anywhere.

    >D3X03bassat16

    Darkness reigns at the foot of the lighthouse.

    >So that's

    Huh? You're being redundant.

    >Disk 3
    >Letter X
    >Partition 03
    >(for Win2000/XP) bas/dyn for Basic / Dynamic or mir for mirror / stp for
    >stripe.
    >16 , capacity 160GB

    I know you are but what am I?

    >Another would be,

    In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood
    by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But posting to
    Usenet is the exact opposite.

    >D1H01dyn40mir

    Of course dear. When you don't take your meds, the voices do have a
    nasty habit returning.

    >A batch job would be nice.

    God heals, and the physician takes the fee.

    >Me

    Evil is sooner believed than good.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "BTW, how long are you going to keep doing this dance with the bot?"
    -- Dr.Postman
    Lady Chatterly, Oct 20, 2004
  6. El Duderino

    Toby Tahoe Guest

    "El Duderino" <> wrote in

    > I don't mean physically so zip back up again kiddies; Basically I
    > just had to reload XP over my old copy (mainly cos I am crap at this
    > 'puter stuff) and it seems to have renamed 2 of my partitions and
    > stuck my 2 CDRW's on the end, which letters were used as partition
    > letters. Now when I try to run some progs it tells me to put a disc in
    > G etc. Is there any way I can either reset the partitions to their
    > old letters or in some way re-associate everything to the new letter
    > (as a batch job). Any help would be VERY gratefully recieved.
    > Thanks

    sure. just goto administrative tools, either in start menu or in control
    panel, then goto computer management, then goto storage \ disk management
    and change away.

    may have to reboot to see the changes in my computer (*your* computer,
    actually).
    Toby Tahoe, Oct 20, 2004
  7. El Duderino

    El Duderino Guest

    Thank you all for the help... 'gb'..I see what you mean..thanks for making
    me laugh first thing in the morning :)

    El Duderino, Oct 21, 2004