    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/Russel

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Oct 24, 2010

  2. Charlie Russel-MVP

    Drew Guest

    Geez Charlie.. Does this mean we can breathe again? it is bad enough that
    this group has slowed down a LOT without losing a main contributor.

    Drew, Oct 24, 2010

  3. Charlie Russel-MVP

    XS11E Guest

    "Charlie Russel-MVP" <> wrote:

    > Sorry, folks. My beloved ISP stopped carrying the microsoft.*
    > newsgroups, without actually telling anyone. They're still there,
    > but read only. And I was so busy, I didn't have time to sort it.
    > So moved over to eternal-september, and I'm back. I'll try to be
    > more involved moving forward. I've MISSED you!

    Obligatory, "Oh, were you gone?"

    Welcome back.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:

    XS11E, Oct 24, 2010

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Oct 24, 2010
  5. I saw his post on inevitable consequences. I'm glad to hear that he found a
    web interface he could use. Needless to say, I won't be doing web stuff.

    Sorry to hear about your non-renewal. I suspect we'll see a fair amount of
    shift over time. I'll not be doing much of anything with the forums, I
    suspect, though the Community Bridge does make it possible at least. But I
    do enough other stuff (non-forum, non-NG) that I'm probably good for a bit.
    This October would have been the critical point. But this makes 11 years
    now.

    IAC, without the drivers pushing people to the NG, I suspect we will
    continue to see fairly low traffic. Doesn't matter. I'll stick around as
    long as I can find a way to get on.

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Oct 25, 2010
  6. :) The slow down is inevitable, since clueless users can't find newsgroups
    without MS pointing them to them. But that's fine - they can all find their
    way to the web forums I'm sure. We'll be here for the others.

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Oct 25, 2010
  7. Charlie Russel-MVP

    XS11E Guest

    "R. C. White" <> wrote:

    > While you were away...Microsoft decided that I did not qualify for
    > another MVP Award on my October 1 renewal date.

    I've always suspected my non-renewal had something to do with my
    telling them "HELL NO!"

    I got fed up with the clueless asking the same question that had just
    been answered and sick of being nice and polite to idiots, morons,
    Linux trolls, etc.

    I was delighted to be able to go back to my old, loveable nasty cranky
    self telling them they were too stupid to deserve an answer.

    Miss Perspicacia Tick has always been my heroine! <G>

    The Usenet Improvement Project:

    XS11E, Oct 25, 2010
  8. Charlie Russel-MVP

    Carlos Guest

    H Charlie,
    I was missing you indeed.
    Though almos silent, I am here too.
    Traffic has gone down a lot but I hope we will get our "customers"
    back so that we don't get rusty.
    It is nice to see that Drew, RC, Bobby, Hugh ("Kue2"), and others are
    still around.
    I am posting in the Hardware and Drivers and Music and Sound forums.
    There's a lot of activity there, but very little feedback for the
    posters.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 25, 2010
  9. Charlie Russel-MVP

    Drew Guest

    Hey Carlos... Long time no hear either....

    Drew, Oct 26, 2010
  10. Charlie Russel-MVP

    John Turco Guest

    Charlie Russel-MVP wrote:

    > "Drew" <> wrote in message
    > > Geez Charlie.. Does this mean we can breathe again? it is bad enough that
    > > this group has slowed down a LOT without losing a main contributor.
    > >
    > > "Charlie Russel-MVP" <> wrote in message
    > >> Sorry, folks. My beloved ISP stopped carrying the microsoft.* newsgroups,
    > >> without actually telling anyone. They're still there, but read only. And
    > >> I was so busy, I didn't have time to sort it. So moved over to
    > >> eternal-september, and I'm back. I'll try to be more involved moving
    > >> forward. I've MISSED you!

    > :) The slow down is inevitable, since clueless users can't find newsgroups
    > without MS pointing them to them. But that's fine - they can all find their
    > way to the web forums I'm sure. We'll be here for the others.

    Yes, October has been a very sluggish month. I just hope that more of
    those "clueless users" are able to access Eternal September, as both
    of us have done.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>