    again it installs fine but simply won't run.

    Grateful for any suggestions.

    Thanks in advance,
    MrsBeebleBrock, Jul 22, 2003

  2. MrsBeebleBrock

    T.N.O. Guest

    MrsBeebleBrock wrote
    > The error message when trying to run the programe after seemingly
    > successful installation is "Illustrator Cannot Run".
    > Grateful for any suggestions.

    Is it permissions based?
    I had a similar problem when "normal" users didn't have enough
    permissions to write to the program folder.
    T.N.O., Jul 23, 2003

  3. MrsBeebleBrock

    L.Ranger Guest

    This copy/pasted from the Illustrator/Windows forum at adobe.com

    Usually the "Cannot run" error is generated by either a missing or
    corrupt Adobereg.db file. The Adobereg.db or Adobe Registration Database
    file holds information like Serial numbers Illustrator needs to check
    when before it launches.

    Have you tried trashing your aiprefs file? Have you tried an
    uninstall/re-install?

    Otherwise the "Adobe Illustrator cannot run." message is generated when
    an expiring or beta serial number is being used. You may have a trial
    version which expires. If you were on the Illustrator beta, you'll need
    to reinstall using a serial number that comes with the actual product.

    There's also a techdoc at adobe

    http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/15872.htm
    L.Ranger, Jul 23, 2003
  4. "MrsBeebleBrock" <> wrote in message
    > Hi - no one answered this at the Adobe Illustrator newsgroup - maybe
    > it's too hard for them - so I thought I'd check here in case anyone has
    > come across this problem.
    >
    > Basically, I can't get any version of Adobe Illustrator to run on
    > Windows XP. I have a gig of ram and 60 gigs of hard drive available, so
    > it's not a space issue.
    >
    > The error message when trying to run the programe after seemingly
    > successful installation is "Illustrator Cannot Run".

    You should try running it as administrator.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 23, 2003
  5. Thanks for the suggestions guys - mysteriously it works when I set my
    computer clock back to 2001.

    MrsBeebleBrock, Jul 29, 2003