    344th BG 494th BS
    Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

    ArtKramr, May 27, 2004

  2. ArtKramr

    The Prophecy Guest

    ArtKramr wrote:
    > I keep getting a notice on my screen, " you have performed an illegal
    > operation and will be shut down". But I am never shut down. I just
    > click the notice off and it goes away. Until next time when I do the
    > the routine again. How can I get rid of it?

    What operating system are you using? What are you running when these errors
    occur? What is the EXACT error message you receive?

    --
    Creating a Good Newsgroup Post:

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#asking

    The Prophecy, May 27, 2004

  3. ArtKramr

    ArtKramr Guest

    >Subject: Re: Illegal operation....
    >From: "The Prophecy"
    >Date: 5/26/04 7:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time
    >
    >ArtKramr wrote:
    >> I keep getting a notice on my screen, " you have performed an illegal
    >> operation and will be shut down". But I am never shut down. I just
    >> click the notice off and it goes away. Until next time when I do the
    >> the routine again. How can I get rid of it?
    >>

    >What operating system are you using? What are you running when these errors
    >occur? What is the EXACT error message you receive?
    >
    >--
    >Creating a Good Newsgroup Post:
    >
    >http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >http://home.satx.rr.com/badour/html/post.html
    >http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#asking

    I am running on Windiws 98. One message reads "This program has performed and
    ilegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists contact the
    poigram vendor". But the program is never shut down. It happens over "you have
    mail"

    Another message I get is:

    " A required DLL file, ECOM.DLL WAS NOT FOUND".
    i reinstalled my windows 98 disk but that didn't help. Any ideas?

    Arthur Kramer

    ArtKramr, May 27, 2004
  4. ArtKramr

    mark mandel Guest

    "ArtKramr" <> wrote in message
    > >Subject: Re: Illegal operation....
    > >From: "The Prophecy"
    > >Date: 5/26/04 7:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time
    > >
    > >ArtKramr wrote:
    > >> I keep getting a notice on my screen, " you have performed an illegal
    > >> operation and will be shut down". But I am never shut down. I just
    > >> click the notice off and it goes away. Until next time when I do the
    > >> the routine again. How can I get rid of it?
    > >>

    > >What operating system are you using? What are you running when these

    errors
    > >occur? What is the EXACT error message you receive?
    > >
    > >--
    > >Creating a Good Newsgroup Post:
    > >
    > >http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > >http://home.satx.rr.com/badour/html/post.html
    > >http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#asking
    > >

    > I am running on Windiws 98. One message reads "This program has performed

    and
    > ilegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists contact

    the
    > poigram vendor". But the program is never shut down. It happens over "you

    have
    > mail"
    >
    > Another message I get is:
    >
    > " A required DLL file, ECOM.DLL WAS NOT FOUND".
    > i reinstalled my windows 98 disk but that didn't help. Any ideas?

    You've apparently installed a third party program or software that you need
    to uninstall, then perhaps you can re-install after. And that Ecom.dll is
    not a Windows .dll but connected with the program.

    mark mandel, May 27, 2004
  5. ArtKramr

    sam Guest

    Theres none of that in Windows XP.