Illegal downloaders are the greatest heroes in american history

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Walter Traprock, Jan 14, 2006.

  1. ILLEGAL DOWNLOADERS ARE THE GREATEST HEROES IN AMERICAN HISTORY.

    Just wanted to point that out.
    Walter Traprock, Jan 14, 2006

  2. Walter Traprock wrote:

    ....This week, on "Trying Way Too Hard".

    Derek Janssen (just chill, Walt--You'll get your shot at that big troll
    audition someday...Okay, probably not.)
    Derek Janssen, Jan 14, 2006

  3. Walter Traprock

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 23:50:25 -0800, Walter Traprock
    <> Gave us:

    >ILLEGAL DOWNLOADERS ARE THE GREATEST HEROES IN AMERICAN HISTORY.
    >
    >Just wanted to point that out.

    You are a hero of your toilet bowl, boy. That's about the extent of
    it, you fucking UNamerican retard!
    Roy L. Fuchs, Jan 14, 2006
  4. Walter Traprock

    unclejr Guest

    Roy L. Fuchs wrote:
    > You are a hero of your toilet bowl, boy. That's about the extent of
    > it, you fucking UNamerican retard!

    YHBT. YHL. HAND.

    -Junior
    unclejr, Jan 14, 2006
  5. Walter Traprock

    Bratboy Guest

    "unclejr" <> wrote in message
    > Roy L. Fuchs wrote:
    >> You are a hero of your toilet bowl, boy. That's about the extent of
    >> it, you fucking UNamerican retard!

    > YHBT. YHL. HAND.
    >
    > -Junior

    LOL, "hero" isnt a phrase I'd use. I will admit tho that to some extent I
    suspect movie downloaders did have a hand in Studios deciding to release
    DVD's at cheaper prices. The fact that many movies can be downloaded makes
    it so the studios ask less in the hopes ppl will buy a copy instead of
    stealing em.
    Bratboy, Jan 14, 2006
  6. Walter Traprock

    Justin Guest

    Bratboy wrote on [Sat, 14 Jan 2006 09:26:13 -0700]:

    > "unclejr" <> wrote in message
    >> Roy L. Fuchs wrote:
    >>> You are a hero of your toilet bowl, boy. That's about the extent of
    >>> it, you fucking UNamerican retard!

    >> YHBT. YHL. HAND.
    >>
    >> -Junior
    >>

    > LOL, "hero" isnt a phrase I'd use. I will admit tho that to some extent I
    > suspect movie downloaders did have a hand in Studios deciding to release
    > DVD's at cheaper prices. The fact that many movies can be downloaded makes
    > it so the studios ask less in the hopes ppl will buy a copy instead of
    > stealing em.

    DVDs are the same price when released as they were 5 years ago. Nobody
    was downloading movies then.
    Justin, Jan 14, 2006
  7. Walter Traprock

    Bratboy Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > Bratboy wrote on [Sat, 14 Jan 2006 09:26:13 -0700]:
    >>
    >> "unclejr" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> YHBT. YHL. HAND.
    >>>
    >>> -Junior
    >>>

    >> LOL, "hero" isnt a phrase I'd use. I will admit tho that to some extent I
    >> suspect movie downloaders did have a hand in Studios deciding to release
    >> DVD's at cheaper prices. The fact that many movies can be downloaded
    >> makes
    >> it so the studios ask less in the hopes ppl will buy a copy instead of
    >> stealing em.

    > DVDs are the same price when released as they were 5 years ago. Nobody
    > was downloading movies then.

    Not so sure on either of those points. Iseem to recall when DVD's first came
    out they were higher priced ($25-$30 or more for anything) whereas now adays
    not uncommon to find New Releases for $19 or less. As for DL movies thats
    gone on for some time as well so not sure when movies started being DL by
    ppl if you include movies ppl divx'd. Like I said its just my opinon,
    everyone has one hehe, and truthfully it really doesnt matter to me. I wasnt
    saying whether it was good or bad, I'll let each person decide for
    themselves.
    Bratboy, Jan 14, 2006
  8. Walter Traprock

    Justin Guest

    Bratboy wrote on [Sat, 14 Jan 2006 10:13:09 -0700]:

    > "Justin" <> wrote in message
    >> Bratboy wrote on [Sat, 14 Jan 2006 09:26:13 -0700]:
    >>>
    >>> "unclejr" <> wrote in message

    >>> LOL, "hero" isnt a phrase I'd use. I will admit tho that to some extent I
    >>> suspect movie downloaders did have a hand in Studios deciding to release
    >>> DVD's at cheaper prices. The fact that many movies can be downloaded
    >>> makes
    >>> it so the studios ask less in the hopes ppl will buy a copy instead of
    >>> stealing em.

    >> DVDs are the same price when released as they were 5 years ago. Nobody
    >> was downloading movies then.

    > Not so sure on either of those points. Iseem to recall when DVD's first came
    > out they were higher priced ($25-$30 or more for anything) whereas now adays
    > not uncommon to find New Releases for $19 or less.

    Not longer after DVDs first came out it was not uncommon to see the big new
    release that week for $9.99 at CompUSA. Many were $19.99 or so not on sale.
    Justin, Jan 14, 2006
  9. Walter Traprock

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Justin () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > > Not so sure on either of those points. Iseem to recall when DVD's first came
    > > out they were higher priced ($25-$30 or more for anything) whereas now adays
    > > not uncommon to find New Releases for $19 or less.

    > Not longer after DVDs first came out it was not uncommon to see the big new
    > release that week for $9.99 at CompUSA. Many were $19.99 or so not on sale.

    Likewise, with the insane online coupons (because of the dot-com boom), you
    could find recent release DVDs for around $5 with very little effort. There
    were many cases where the cost of the DVD after the coupon would be $1-3 and
    was less than shipping cost ($3-5).

    --
    Jeff Rife | "Five thousand dollars, huh? I'll bet we could
    Jeff Rife, Jan 14, 2006
  10. Walter Traprock

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 09:26:13 -0700, "Bratboy"
    <> Gave us:

    >"unclejr" <> wrote in message
    >> Roy L. Fuchs wrote:
    >>> You are a hero of your toilet bowl, boy. That's about the extent of
    >>> it, you fucking UNamerican retard!

    >> YHBT. YHL. HAND.
    >>
    >> -Junior
    >>

    >LOL, "hero" isnt a phrase I'd use. I will admit tho that to some extent I
    >suspect movie downloaders did have a hand in Studios deciding to release
    >DVD's at cheaper prices. The fact that many movies can be downloaded makes
    >it so the studios ask less in the hopes ppl will buy a copy instead of
    >stealing em.

    You're an idiot. Piracy has cost the consumer more for each
    purchase, not less, IDIOT.
    Roy L. Fuchs, Jan 15, 2006
  11. Walter Traprock

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 10:13:09 -0700, "Bratboy"
    <> Gave us:

    >"Justin" <> wrote in message
    >> Bratboy wrote on [Sat, 14 Jan 2006 09:26:13 -0700]:
    >>>
    >>> "unclejr" <> wrote in message

    >>> LOL, "hero" isnt a phrase I'd use. I will admit tho that to some extent I
    >>> suspect movie downloaders did have a hand in Studios deciding to release
    >>> DVD's at cheaper prices. The fact that many movies can be downloaded
    >>> makes
    >>> it so the studios ask less in the hopes ppl will buy a copy instead of
    >>> stealing em.

    >> DVDs are the same price when released as they were 5 years ago. Nobody
    >> was downloading movies then.

    >Not so sure on either of those points.

    You're full of shit. The posting history in this group alone proves
    that there were no images even around for such downloads 5 years ago.

    > Iseem to recall when DVD's first came
    >out they were higher priced ($25-$30 or more for anything) whereas now adays
    >not uncommon to find New Releases for $19 or less.

    Wrong. I was getting them for $16.99 at the same store they are now
    at $18.99 or more. Piracy raises costs, no matter how your retarded
    ass wants to rationalize a pile of bullshit around your desire to
    fucking break the law.

    > As for DL movies thats
    >gone on for some time as well so not sure when movies started being DL by
    >ppl

    It is obvious that you are not sure. In fact, it is obvious that
    you have no clue at all.

    Do a google on DCSS, and when it hit the masses (via piracy). You
    retards never cease to amaze me with your utter stupidity.

    > if you include movies ppl divx'd.

    Dipshit. Movies were being ripped off by idiots smarter than you
    even before divx crap came into being. That still never made it OK OR
    right to do it.

    > Like I said its just my opinon,

    You mean just your utter uninformed stupidity.

    >everyone has one hehe,

    Yours smells like dead fish and shit.

    > and truthfully it really doesnt matter to me.

    Then stop spewing bullshit into this group about it.

    > I wasnt
    >saying whether it was good or bad, I'll let each person decide for
    >themselves.

    Your attitude is easily observed.
    Roy L. Fuchs, Jan 15, 2006
  12. Walter Traprock

    Bratboy Guest

    Moron!!! I never said it was a good thing to do nor did I say I do it
    because I don't so get of your frickin high horse. I do burn backups of all
    my movies so I can keep the origonal pristine but thats a bit different from
    stealing. I said something, not in defense of piracy, but because it had
    been a suspicion of mine is all. You disagree and thats fine but do you have
    to be a jerk about it? Go bitch at the theifs all you want, I never said it
    was right, I merely said it was each persons decision because Im not
    arrogant enough to tell others how to live. Each person must decide for
    themselves and then face the consequences of their decision. Its not yours
    or my right to order them to do what you think. Im also well aware of stuff
    BEFORE DivX however divx and Xvid made it even more common I think. Again
    knock off being an Ass, theres no call for it
    Bratboy, Jan 15, 2006
  13. Walter Traprock

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 22:15:31 -0700, "Bratboy"
    <> Gave us:

    >Moron!!! I never said it

    Top posting Usenet retard. Your CRAP won't even get read if you
    don't even have enough brains to know how to make a proper post in
    Usenet. Trust me, asswipe... you are worse than your nym declares,
    punk boy. should get spammed out of existence.

    > I do burn backups of all
    >my movies so I can keep the origonal pristine but
    >thats a bit different from stealing.

    You fucking retard! They way to keep an optical disc pristine is
    to never touch the read surface at all. The way to do that is to make
    sure it only sees two locations. Its storage container, and the tray
    of the playback device.

    Only idiots like you that place discs on flat surfaces have problems
    with keeping your discs pristine. ALL of mine are, ALL of my laser
    discs are, and some of them are twenty years old. In fact, I do not
    own an optical disc that isn't is the same condition it was in when I
    bought it, because I know the FIRST RULE! I don't need to waste my
    time OR my money making "back ups" or spouting excuses for doing so.

    If I had kids, they would learn the SAME RULES, or they would never
    be allowed to handle my gear. The basic flaw with most people these
    days is that they were not raised right. No excuses, boy!

    Despite all your claimed "awareness", you still missed the fact (how
    convenient for you) that you were 100% wrong about your claim that it
    was happening 5 years ago, when it absofuckinglutely was not.
    Roy L. Fuchs, Jan 15, 2006
  14. Walter Traprock

    Bratboy Guest

    "Roy L. Fuchs" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 22:15:31 -0700, "Bratboy"
    > <> Gave us:
    >

    >>Moron!!! I never said it

    > Top posting Usenet retard. Your CRAP won't even get read if you
    > don't even have enough brains to know how to make a proper post in
    > Usenet. Trust me, asswipe... you are worse than your nym declares,
    > punk boy. should get spammed out of existence.
    >
    >> I do burn backups of all
    >>my movies so I can keep the origonal pristine but
    >>thats a bit different from stealing.

    > You fucking retard! They way to keep an optical disc pristine is
    > to never touch the read surface at all. The way to do that is to make
    > sure it only sees two locations. Its storage container, and the tray
    > of the playback device.
    >
    > Only idiots like you that place discs on flat surfaces have problems
    > with keeping your discs pristine. ALL of mine are, ALL of my laser
    > discs are, and some of them are twenty years old. In fact, I do not
    > own an optical disc that isn't is the same condition it was in when I
    > bought it, because I know the FIRST RULE! I don't need to waste my
    > time OR my money making "back ups" or spouting excuses for doing so.
    >
    > If I had kids, they would learn the SAME RULES, or they would never
    > be allowed to handle my gear. The basic flaw with most people these
    > days is that they were not raised right. No excuses, boy!
    >
    > Despite all your claimed "awareness", you still missed the fact (how
    > convenient for you) that you were 100% wrong about your claim that it
    > was happening 5 years ago, when it absofuckinglutely was not.

    No, you are. I was merely makeing a personal comment/opinon. I never said it
    was fact or anything else nor did I even say your comment was wrong either
    as it wasnt something WORTH arguing over. It was never, as you so
    incorrectly stated, a claim of fact by me but whatever.

    If you had kids?? God forbid you ever breed!!! I have many family members &
    friends with kids tho and when they come to visit we let the kids watch
    movies so its my CHOICE that I'd rather let them handle copies instead of
    the origonals. Also many disc's have forced trailers and such and its nice
    to be able to put a copy in thats had all that junk removed so the Movie
    starts right up as well. No one said anything about you wasting time or
    money and other than sugesting you spend some for therapy I would never
    presume to. Of course you do have time to waste being an ass in this
    thread...have you considered needlepoint? I have the time AND the money and
    I "CHOOSE" to do it, so what. I could bloody well care less about the
    condition of YOUR discs, Laser or otherwise. You seem to have some sort of
    inflated ego problem so let me help with a pin to burst your bubble...THE
    WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU.

    Anyway you can go on bitching and acting like a petulant little girl all you
    want. Go ahead and fing the "boy" comment like the monkey you are, I wish I
    was that young these days, hehe Anyway Ive flushed better crap down the
    toilet than whats coming out your lips. As for your other comment about Top
    Posting. What you gonna do Mr self appointed inet policeman, write me a
    ticket? Besides its not exactly top posting, I just felt the crap you spewed
    wasnt deserving of being reposted. I left it all this time so now you don't
    have to pout and stamp your feet like a spoiled brat, lil girly. Bye-Bye
    Bratboy, Jan 15, 2006
  15. "Roy L. Fuchs" <> wrote in message
    <Juvenile prattle snipped>
    > You're an idiot. Piracy has cost the consumer more for each
    > purchase, not less, IDIOT.

    Are you Sony's new Public Relations manager?
    Buckaroo Banzai, Jan 15, 2006
  16. Walter Traprock

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 07:00:31 -0700, "Bratboy"
    <> Gave us:

    >If you had kids?? God forbid you ever breed!!!

    **** you, asswipe.

    I have abetter grasp of things than you ever will. That ranges from
    things technological to things political, to things of a child rearing
    nature. Not having kids doesn't mean I don't work with kids. I have
    worked at Goodwill Industries training handicapped folks as well as at
    more than one Boy Club of America.

    You are pathetic and lost, bitch. Your pathetic nym says it all.
    Roy L. Fuchs, Jan 15, 2006
  17. Walter Traprock

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 07:00:31 -0700, "Bratboy"
    <> Gave us:

    >Anyway you can go on bitching and acting like a petulant little girl all you
    >want.

    You must be looking in a mirror.
    Roy L. Fuchs, Jan 15, 2006
  18. Walter Traprock

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 07:00:31 -0700, "Bratboy"
    <> Gave us:

    > Anyway Ive flushed better crap down the
    >toilet than whats coming out your lips.

    It's a shame your mother didn't, right after she shat you out of her
    ass. As it stands, she should be a jailed felon for not doing so.
    Roy L. Fuchs, Jan 15, 2006
  19. Walter Traprock

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 07:00:31 -0700, "Bratboy"
    <> Gave us:

    > As for your other comment about Top
    >Posting. What you gonna do Mr self appointed inet policeman, write me a
    >ticket? Besides its not exactly top posting,

    It WAS EXACTLY top posting, dumbfuck. Clueless twits like you jump
    on the non-conformist bandwagon every day. That still doesn't make
    you right OR worth a shit. In fact, it does just the opposite.
    Perhaps one day you will get that simple fact.
    Roy L. Fuchs, Jan 15, 2006
  20. Walter Traprock

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 01:50:00 +1100, "Buckaroo Banzai" <>
    Gave us:

    >"Roy L. Fuchs" <> wrote in message
    ><Juvenile prattle snipped>
    >> You're an idiot. Piracy has cost the consumer more for each
    >> purchase, not less, IDIOT.
    >>

    > Are you Sony's new Public Relations manager?

    You shame the name "Buckaroo Bonzai", you retarded fucktard.
    Roy L. Fuchs, Jan 15, 2006