    suggested settings but it was a disaster.

    Anyone know how I can get a better print from this paper?

    Thanks much,

    HIKER4LIFE, Sep 19, 2005

  2. HIKER4LIFE

    SamSez Guest

    "HIKER4LIFE" <> wrote in message
    news:C%nXe.44403$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've tried Ilford's Premium photo paper with my Epson 1280 - I followed the
    > suggested settings but it was a disaster.
    >
    > Anyone know how I can get a better print from this paper?
    >
    > Thanks much,

    Kind of depends on which 'Ilford's Premium' you tried -- the 'real' stuff from a
    photo or other high-end shop, or the similarly boxed, similarly looking, but
    actually very different stuff you buy from a shopping club.

    SamSez, Sep 19, 2005

  3. HIKER4LIFE

    Lucrezia Guest

    In message <C%nXe.44403$>, HIKER4LIFE
    <> writes
    >Hi,
    >
    >I've tried Ilford's Premium photo paper with my Epson 1280 - I followed the
    >suggested settings but it was a disaster.
    >
    >Anyone know how I can get a better print from this paper?
    >
    >Thanks much,

    I have an Epson 890 (which uses the same inks as the 1290 and possibly
    the 1280), and get excellent results using Ilford's Smooth Pearl (red
    box:
    http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/prod_html/galerie/default.htm).
    At least here in the UK, there's nothing in their paper range labelled
    "Premium", so don't know what you're actually using.

    Can you be more specific about the problems you've had? Color cast?
    Streaking? Bronzing?

    -Lucrezia

    --
    http://www.dont-blink.net/lining_up.htm

    Lucrezia, Sep 19, 2005
  4. HIKER4LIFE

    Stacey Guest

    HIKER4LIFE wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've tried Ilford's Premium photo paper with my Epson 1280 - I followed
    > the suggested settings but it was a disaster.

    Did you use ilford profile? What sort of "disaster" did it create?
    --

    Stacey

    Stacey, Sep 19, 2005