    Have had a search on the net but kept getting bogged down in
    version(1946) and O/S(Vista) problems etc (and I am a bear of very small
    brain).
    soup, Nov 30, 2010

  2. soup

    Mike Easter Guest

    soup wrote:
    > Has anyone got IL2 Stormovik to install on a Win7 (64 bit) system if
    > so how did they go about it?
    > Have had a search on the net but kept getting bogged down in
    > version(1946) and O/S(Vista) problems etc (and I am a bear of very small
    > brain).

    Disclaimer: I don't do games and I don't have Win7, but I'm a strong
    searcher :)

    Here're 6 pages of discussion...

    http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/9559-il-2-sturmovik-wont-load.html
    Windows 7 Forums > Windows 7 help and support > Gaming » IL 2 Sturmovik
    won't load

    On about page 4 or 5, the problem person was sent to get a solution/fix
    here:

    http://m0001.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_il2_sturmovik_1946.shtml#IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946
    or http://bit.ly/fOtBXN Game Fixes: * IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 v1.0 (v4.07m)
    [MULTI3] Fixed EXE

    .... which is a .rar file to decompress and use to replace the IL2FB.EXE

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Nov 30, 2010

  3. soup

    soup Guest

    On 30/11/2010 20:21, Mike Easter wrote:

    > Here're 6 pages of discussion...
    >
    > http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/9559-il-2-sturmovik-wont-load.html
    > Windows 7 Forums > Windows 7 help and support > Gaming » IL 2 Sturmovik
    > won't load

    I really appreciate you trying to help, but that is a solution for a
    game which won't load not not install in the first place. a quote from
    the first line on that site is :-

    "IL 2 sturmovik forgotten battles fully patched. *installs*
    *fine* but will not load the game.
    soup, Nov 30, 2010
  4. soup

    Mike Easter Guest

    soup wrote:
    > Has anyone got IL2 Stormovik to install on a Win7 (64 bit) system

    This does not say what happens in your attempt to install.

    In fact, it doesn't even say precisely that _you_ did not install it.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Nov 30, 2010
  5. soup