IIS seetings for impersonation with basic authenticaion and Anonymous access

Discussion in 'Software' started by sitaramig, Jun 3, 2007.

  1. sitaramig

    sitaramig

    Joined:
    May 30, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    I am creating a PasswordReset App for Active Directory users on Windows 2000(on one Domain A) and Windows NT users (another Domain B) using ASP.NET and C#. I am utilizing ActiveDirectory and windows Authentication mode with Basic authentication and Impersonation is true. I want to configure my IIS with out coding the user name and password at IDENTTY element in Web.config and only impersonate=true in identity element.

    Problem:
    ----------------------------

    I want to configure my IIS with out coding the user name and password at IDENTTY element in Web.config and only with impersonate=true in identity elementt, so that when ever Helpdesk Agent clicks on ResetPassword button, the helpdesk agent should impersonate the Active Directory ADMINISTRATOR account (for Active directory users) or NTADMINISTRATOR account (for NT users).

    Is NTFS is helps to resolve this issue or some thing which I need concentrate?

    In Web.config

    <Authentication Mode=”Windows” />
    <identity impersonate =”true” />

    In website directory Security tab of Website properties.

    Check ANONYMOUS
    Check BASIC authentication under Authenticated Access section

    Environment:

    I am developing with Framework 1.1, Windows 2000, Windows NT, C#, IIS 5.0 and SQL Server 2000.
    The AD users are coming from AD on a Windows 2000 Server and NT users are coming from NT Primary Domain Controller on Windows NT.

    Active Directory is on Windows 2000
    Windows NT manchine used as PDC
    ASP.NET 1.1, IIS 5.0, C#, SQL Server 2000

    Please help with this
    -Sitarami

    sitaramig, Jun 3, 2007