    why is windows putting the "Printer folder" in my web site directory.
    Tried to delete it but it comes back when restarting the computer.

    many thanks
    Molecule, Nov 7, 2009

  2. Molecule

    Molecule Guest

    going to sleep, bit late here, thanks in advance for the answers

    Molecule, Nov 7, 2009

  3. Molecule

    John Holmes Guest

    Molecule "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > going to sleep, bit late here, thanks in advance for the answers
    >

    > "Molecule" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello, just set up a home server using my laptop and iis5, would like
    >> to know if it is important to have my site files in
    >> C:\Inetpub\wwwroot or can I just give a directory on my D drive?
    >>
    >> should I delete all the default files in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot when I
    >> first installed iis? They seem to come back when the computer
    >> restart.
    >>
    >> why is windows putting the "Printer folder" in my web site
    >> directory. Tried to delete it but it comes back when restarting the
    >> computer.

    The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped away
    most of what you wrote, because, well... it didn't really say
    anything. Your attempt at constructing a creative flame was pitiful. I
    mean, really, stringing together a bunch of insults among a load of
    babbling was hardly effective... Maybe later in life, after you have
    learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success. True,
    these are rudimentary skills that many of us "normal" people take for
    granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes
    forget that there are "challenged" persons in this world who find these
    things more difficult. If I had known that this was your case then I would
    have never read your post. It just wouldn't have been "right". Sort of
    like parking in a handicap space. I wish you the best of luck in the
    emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on
    you.

    >> many thanks

    Anytime.

    --
    Your mother was a stinky fortune seeker who ran an unsuccessful cab company
    in disused drive-in cinemas.
    John Holmes, Nov 7, 2009
  4. Molecule

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 00:28:51 -0000, Molecule wrote:

    >Hello, just set up a home server using my laptop and iis5, would like to
    >know if it is important to have my site files in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot or can I

    No.

    >just give a directory on my D drive?

    Yes.

    I assume you know how to do this ;-) IIS Manager, <Server Name> , Web
    Sites , Default Web Site , Home Directory , Local Path.

    >should I delete all the default files in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot when I first

    I don't.

    >installed iis? They seem to come back when the computer restart.

    Oh well.

    >why is windows putting the "Printer folder" in my web site directory.

    Never seen that before.

    >Tried to delete it but it comes back when restarting the computer.

    Leave it.

    >many thanks

    Me
    why?, Nov 7, 2009
  5. Molecule

    Molecule Guest

    ok, thanks very much
    Molecule, Nov 7, 2009
  6. Molecule

    Molecule Guest

    ok, thanks very much
    Molecule, Nov 7, 2009
  7. Molecule

    Molecule Guest

    It was absolutely not my intention to post anything remotely offensive or
    annoying,
    I said that I was going to sleep only beacause I would have not replyed to
    any posts,
    that could have been seen as posting and not bothering to participate.
    My ability to write, spell and count is not the best I admit but remember
    that we are not all borne in an
    English speaking country.
    "Bunch of insults"? Don't make me laugh.
    I very much appreciate all the help I got over the years from these
    newsgroups, these were just simple questions,
    I did not really want users to read a book.
    Chill out.

    Molecule, Nov 8, 2009