    If I have an existing https website using 443 can I create another https website on the same IIS server using 443 or will I have to have another (more than one) IP address? I just tried to create another website using 443 but that option was ghosted out and wouldn't allow me to use it. The only reason I could think of was that it is being used by an existing https site on the server

    Thanks

    Scott

    stryder, May 25, 2004

  2. stryder

    neubchr Guest

    i can´t guess there will be only the feature of hosting a single ssl site on a server, isp´s need multiple ssl sites on their servers. i will look over this problem maybe i could find a proper answe

    Chris

    neubchr, May 25, 2004

  3. stryder

    techflavor Guest

    I'm almost completely positive that sites with SSL require their own IP. For example, if I own a hosting company and host the company site on the server with the domain company.com - IP xxx.xxx.xxx.1 and I want a secure section for purchases, I would setup secure.company.com - IP xxx.xxx.xxx.2. Then when another person orders webspace, I would set their site up as clientcompany.com with IP xxx.xxx.xxx.1 but if they wanted a secure section SSL i'd set them up as secure.clientcompany.com with IP xxx.xxx.xxx.3. You can host multiple sites on one IP address but each SSL site needs a dedicated IP. Am I making this clear?

    Please correct me if I am wrong.

    techflavor, May 26, 2004