IIS Problem with Winxp and Windows server 2003

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Vibha, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. Vibha

    Vibha Guest

    Hi everyone,

    I have created an ASP.NET Webservice that runs on IIS Server. It works fine
    with Windows 2000.
    When tested on XP and 2003 we get an error saying cannot connect to the
    server.

    1.. It seems that IIS though present on both the systems was not
    accessible from remote machines.
    2.. That is we are able to access the IIS server using localhost but not
    using the IP address or machine name from a remote machine.
    Is there some configuration that needs to be done for WinXP and Win2003
    Server to make the IIS accessible.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    with thanks and regards

    Vibha Vyas