    is there any tool to monitor or control this activities?

    Thanks
    Gopi

    Gopi, Nov 20, 2005

  2. Gopi

    Robert Moir Guest

    Gopi wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > we have several websites
    > we like to limit the users to upload or using the Hard disk space
    > like upto 3GB,
    > is there any tool to monitor or control this activities?

    You mean like the disk quotas system that is built into Windows 2000 & 2003
    and works perfectly well with websites, providing you assign each user their
    own Windows account and which you can find out lots of information about in
    the help file?

    Robert Moir, Nov 20, 2005

  3. Gopi

    Kurt Guest

    What this group needs is a bit of sarcasm :)

    ...kurt

    Kurt, Nov 20, 2005
  4. Gopi

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <#ucvz#>,
    says...
    > Gopi wrote:
    > > Hello
    > >
    > > we have several websites
    > > we like to limit the users to upload or using the Hard disk space
    > > like upto 3GB,
    > > is there any tool to monitor or control this activities?

    > You mean like the disk quotas system that is built into Windows 2000 & 2003
    > and works perfectly well with websites, providing you assign each user their
    > own Windows account and which you can find out lots of information about in
    > the help file?

    Depending on the content upload mechanism, this may or may not work,
    because disk quotas are calculated by the file owner bit. If the content
    management mechanism or server config has teh files owned by a service
    account or the administrator, quotas will not work.

    Ben Smith, Nov 20, 2005
  5. Gopi

    Robert Moir Guest

    Ben Smith wrote:

    > Depending on the content upload mechanism, this may or may not work,
    > because disk quotas are calculated by the file owner bit. If the
    > content management mechanism or server config has teh files owned by
    > a service account or the administrator, quotas will not work.

    Fair comment Ben, I was assuming that the poster was asking about something
    like FTP because I'd expect a CMS system to manage its own quotas as an
    internal part of the app.

    Robert Moir, Nov 22, 2005
  6. Gopi

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Ben Smith wrote:
    >
    > > Depending on the content upload mechanism, this may or may not work,
    > > because disk quotas are calculated by the file owner bit. If the
    > > content management mechanism or server config has teh files owned by
    > > a service account or the administrator, quotas will not work.

    > Fair comment Ben, I was assuming that the poster was asking about something
    > like FTP because I'd expect a CMS system to manage its own quotas as an
    > internal part of the app.

    I have long since learned not to underestimate the sensibility of
    software developers when it comes to common sense features. ;)

    Ben Smith, Nov 22, 2005
  7. Gopi

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Ben Smith" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> Ben Smith wrote:
    >>
    >> > Depending on the content upload mechanism, this may or may not work,
    >> > because disk quotas are calculated by the file owner bit. If the
    >> > content management mechanism or server config has teh files owned by
    >> > a service account or the administrator, quotas will not work.

    >> Fair comment Ben, I was assuming that the poster was asking about
    >> something
    >> like FTP because I'd expect a CMS system to manage its own quotas as an
    >> internal part of the app.
    >>

    > I have long since learned not to underestimate the sensibility of
    > software developers when it comes to common sense features. ;)

    Yabbut you can't judge all developers based on me.

    Frisbee®, Nov 22, 2005
  8. Gopi

    Robert Moir Guest

    Frisbee® wrote:

    > Yabbut you can't judge all developers based on me.

    but it's fun

    Robert Moir, Nov 23, 2005