    I now seem to be getting responses from a number of different people at
    Ihug. One of them doesn't understand about forged from-addresses and how to
    interpret "received:" lines, but thankfully at least one other person does.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 23, 2007

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    peterwn Guest

    On May 23, 5:04 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > I'm just starting to get responses back from Ihug to some complaints I sent
    > them over four weeks ago about people with Ihug IP addresses bombarding me
    > with viruses. For a period of about three weeks (up until a week ago), I
    > was getting several messages a day, or in a couple of cases a few dozen
    > messages a day. When they stopped coming from one address, another one
    > would start up.
    >
    > I now seem to be getting responses from a number of different people at
    > Ihug. One of them doesn't understand about forged from-addresses and how to
    > interpret "received:" lines, but thankfully at least one other person does.

    Seems like some customers' computers have been infected as
    'spambots'. If the ISP has dynamic IP addressing, then the same
    spambot will have different IPaddresses (but in the same block) at
    different times.

    IHUG should be identifying these customers and telling them to clean
    up their computers (a better option would be to to Linux and Open
    Office - making sure they choose strong passwords).

    peterwn, May 23, 2007