    increase, so fine. But now they're bringing in a 20GB monthly limit as
    well. So if I exceed that, it's back to 64kbps for the rest of the month.

    I hate monthly limits...

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 2, 2007

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Allistar Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > Just got an e-mail from ihug about changes to the "fair use" policy in
    > their Broadband 3 plan.
    >
    > Currently they compute a 3-day rolling average of your bandwidth usage,
    > and if that exceeds 1.5GB or 3GB, appropriate throttles are applied. I
    > didn't mind this--I thought it was an improvement on the previous plan,
    > where I had to keep track of my monthly usage.
    >
    > They're changing that to a daily average of 2GB per day. OK, so that's an
    > increase, so fine. But now they're bringing in a 20GB monthly limit as
    > well. So if I exceed that, it's back to 64kbps for the rest of the month.
    >
    > I hate monthly limits...

    How can they change an already agreed upon contract without your approval?
    Since they are providing less of a service, you should be within your
    rights to pay less for it.

    And I hope they don't call this plan "all you can eat", because it's not.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Aug 2, 2007

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    XPD Guest

    "Allistar" <> wrote in message
    > How can they change an already agreed upon contract without your approval?
    > Since they are providing less of a service, you should be within your
    > rights to pay less for it.
    >
    > And I hope they don't call this plan "all you can eat", because it's not.

    Did anyone actually physically sign anything ?
    Probably not.... so IHUG can basically do what they want and we cant do much
    about it.

    Im happier with the new plan.... some days I do a fair bit of data, but now
    Ill try to hold it off till the last week of my billing period and go for it
    then...

    XPD, Aug 2, 2007
  4. On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 15:38:56 +1200, Allistar wrote:

    > How can they change an already agreed upon contract without your approval?

    Easy.

    Clauses like: "<insert corporation name here> reserves the right at its
    sole discression to unilaterally alter any and every part of this contract
    without notice. Such modifications may include, and are not limited to,
    the quality of service delivered, data usage, the availability of the
    service, and all charges applied for these services. Your continued use of
    any service provided by <insert corporation name here> indicates your
    willing consent to all such modifications. You agree that you wave all
    rights to challenge any alterations to this agreement made by <insert
    corporation name here>. If you wish to renegotiate any point of this
    agreement then you hereby agree to enjoin a process of arbitration by
    which you agree to be bound by all decisions that arise from that
    arbitration."

    That is how corporate thieves get away with ripping people off.

    --
    Jonathan Walker

    bath and a short dress to get into."

    Jonathan Walker, Aug 2, 2007
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    EMB Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > Just got an e-mail from ihug about changes to the "fair use" policy in their
    > Broadband 3 plan.
    >
    > Currently they compute a 3-day rolling average of your bandwidth usage, and
    > if that exceeds 1.5GB or 3GB, appropriate throttles are applied. I didn't
    > mind this--I thought it was an improvement on the previous plan, where I
    > had to keep track of my monthly usage.
    >
    > They're changing that to a daily average of 2GB per day. OK, so that's an
    > increase, so fine. But now they're bringing in a 20GB monthly limit as
    > well. So if I exceed that, it's back to 64kbps for the rest of the month.

    Just like your beloved "free" software, some bastard keeps fucking with
    it and expects you to just swallow like the good lad you are. ;-)

    Seriously though, this is exactly the arrogance that recently made me
    leave ihug after over a decade of being loyal to them.

    EMB, Aug 2, 2007
  6. "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in message
    > Just got an e-mail from ihug about changes to the "fair use" policy in
    > their
    > Broadband 3 plan.
    >
    > Currently they compute a 3-day rolling average of your bandwidth usage,
    > and
    > if that exceeds 1.5GB or 3GB, appropriate throttles are applied. I didn't
    > mind this--I thought it was an improvement on the previous plan, where I
    > had to keep track of my monthly usage.
    >
    > They're changing that to a daily average of 2GB per day. OK, so that's an
    > increase, so fine. But now they're bringing in a 20GB monthly limit as
    > well. So if I exceed that, it's back to 64kbps for the rest of the month.
    >
    > I hate monthly limits...

    Yesterday I applied to Ihug to get broadband. The fellow I talked to said
    that I would have to buy a modem for over $100 and pay a similar amount for
    the connection. He also told me that free connection and free modem scheme
    had ended the day before yesterday. Needless to say I was somewhat annoyed
    at that. On pointing out that I had been a client of Wave, now a part of
    Ihug, since its inception and considered that I was owed a rather better
    deal than that he went off to discuss the matter with his boss. That
    discussion resulted in a more favourable outcome!

    Roger Dewhurst, Aug 2, 2007
  7. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Richard Guest

    Jonathan Walker wrote:
    > On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 15:38:56 +1200, Allistar wrote:
    >
    >> How can they change an already agreed upon contract without your approval?

    > Easy.
    >
    > Clauses like: "<insert corporation name here> reserves the right at its
    > sole discression to unilaterally alter any and every part of this contract
    > without notice. Such modifications may include, and are not limited to,
    > the quality of service delivered, data usage, the availability of the
    > service, and all charges applied for these services. Your continued use of
    > any service provided by <insert corporation name here> indicates your
    > willing consent to all such modifications. You agree that you wave all
    > rights to challenge any alterations to this agreement made by <insert
    > corporation name here>. If you wish to renegotiate any point of this
    > agreement then you hereby agree to enjoin a process of arbitration by
    > which you agree to be bound by all decisions that arise from that
    > arbitration."
    >
    > That is how corporate thieves get away with ripping people off.

    They cant get out of contract law.

    Richard, Aug 4, 2007
  8. On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 01:38:38 +1200, Richard wrote:

    > They cant get out of contract law.

    Agreed.

    But if you agree to wave all your rights...

    --
    Jonathan Walker

    Jonathan Walker, Aug 4, 2007
  9. In message <>, Jonathan Walker wrote:

    > On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 01:38:38 +1200, Richard wrote:
    >
    >> They cant get out of contract law.

    > Agreed.
    >
    > But if you agree to wave all your rights...

    Or better still, waive them. You know, flag them away?

    Wave ... flag ... I'll get me coat.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 5, 2007