Ihug/Vodafone up to their old tricks again?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by None, Sep 10, 2008.

  1. None

    None Guest

    Hi all,

    Over the past few days I have been experiencing problems with Web sites
    accessed via Ihug. Has anyone else noticed any problems?

    Specifically, some Web requests are coming back with the following error:

    ---

    Content Encoding Error (content_encoding_error)

    Server response could not be decoded using encoding type returned
    by server.
    This is typically caused by a Web Site presenting a content
    encoding header of one type, and then encoding the data differently.

    For assistance, contact your network support team.

    ---

    I also noticed this evening that www.whatismyip.org returned an
    incorrect IP address (another Ihug address).

    Looks like Ihug/Vodafone is using a transparent proxy again. FFS, when
    will they learn???

    - Pissed off Ihug user.

    None, Sep 10, 2008

  2. None

    Rhino Guest

    On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 20:54:02 +1200, None <> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >Over the past few days I have been experiencing problems with Web sites
    >accessed via Ihug. Has anyone else noticed any problems?
    >
    >Specifically, some Web requests are coming back with the following error:
    >
    >---
    >
    > Content Encoding Error (content_encoding_error)
    >
    > Server response could not be decoded using encoding type returned
    >by server.
    > This is typically caused by a Web Site presenting a content
    >encoding header of one type, and then encoding the data differently.
    >
    > For assistance, contact your network support team.
    >
    >---
    >
    >I also noticed this evening that www.whatismyip.org returned an
    >incorrect IP address (another Ihug address).
    >
    >Looks like Ihug/Vodafone is using a transparent proxy again. FFS, when
    >will they learn???
    >
    >- Pissed off Ihug user.

    Returned the correct ip here and I have not seen the content encoding
    error that you mentioned from any sites.

    Rhino, Sep 10, 2008