Ihug up for sale

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by paul@ilovebiscuits.com, Jul 20, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Jul 20, 2006

  2. Mike Dee Guest

    On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:54:49 -0700, paul wrote:

    > from Computerworld:
    >
    > http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/0C5E6164AEF27897CC2571B10004B85A
    >
    > Ihug has been put for sale

    [...]
    > the decision to sell iiNet

    [...]
    > of "unsolicted ..."

    The guy who wrote this either needs to take a holiday or start using a
    badly needed grammar and spelling checker.

    Interesting story though. Thanks for the link.

    --
    dee
    Mike Dee, Jul 20, 2006

  3. Vista Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > from Computerworld:
    >
    > http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/0C5E6164AEF27897CC2571B10004B85A
    >
    > Ihug has been put for sale a mere three years after Australian ISP
    > iiNet purchased it. According to iiNet executive chairman Peter Harley,
    > the decision to sell iiNet was made after what he called a large number
    > of "unsolicted approaches" to buy the Kiwi provider.

    Well I wonder if they are now going to keep the promises of the investment
    they made before unbundling. I doubt it.
    Vista, Jul 20, 2006
  4. Nova Guest

    wrote:
    > from Computerworld:
    >
    > http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/0C5E6164AEF27897CC2571B10004B85A
    >
    > Ihug has been put for sale a mere three years after Australian ISP
    > iiNet purchased it. According to iiNet executive chairman Peter Harley,
    > the decision to sell iiNet was made after what he called a large number
    > of "unsolicted approaches" to buy the Kiwi provider.

    Apparently Orcon are keen on buying it.
    Nova, Jul 20, 2006
  5. Mutley Guest

    Mike Dee <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:54:49 -0700, paul wrote:
    >
    >> from Computerworld:
    >>
    >> http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/0C5E6164AEF27897CC2571B10004B85A
    >>
    >> Ihug has been put for sale

    >[...]
    >> the decision to sell iiNet

    >[...]
    >> of "unsolicted ..."

    >The guy who wrote this either needs to take a holiday or start using a
    >badly needed grammar and spelling checker.
    >
    >Interesting story though. Thanks for the link.

    Looks like Orcon is very interested in ihug
    Mutley, Jul 20, 2006
  6. juicyjuice Guest

    > Apparently Orcon are keen on buying it.

    Might be a good thing, get rid of that islug name too i reckon -
    was considering coverting to orcon anyway this week.
    juicyjuice, Jul 22, 2006
  7. a_l_p Guest

    juicyjuice wrote:
    >>Apparently Orcon are keen on buying it.

    > Might be a good thing, get rid of that islug name too i reckon -
    > was considering coverting to orcon anyway this week.

    And if their policy was to exceed telecom's standard of service by the smallest
    margin they could get away with, they could call themselves Icon U2.

    A L P
    a_l_p, Jul 22, 2006