    Like to know whether IHUG having download issue lately?

    It appear ORCON and Slingshot are having speed problem for the last couple of
    weeks!

    helix, Apr 14, 2006

  2. helix

    juicyjuice Guest

    yer noticed last night.. still going on now
    8K/s to ausgamers
    60K/s to microsoft.com
    same situation with any other links
    the only place i can get full speed 250k/s from is ihugs ftp server

    juicyjuice, Apr 14, 2006

  3. helix

    Steve Guest

    On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:03:18 +1200, juicyjuice wrote:

    > yer noticed last night.. still going on now
    > 8K/s to ausgamers
    > 60K/s to microsoft.com
    > same situation with any other links
    > the only place i can get full speed 250k/s from is ihugs ftp server
    >
    > "helix" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Like to know whether IHUG having download issue lately?
    >>
    >> It appear ORCON and Slingshot are having speed problem for the last couple
    >> of
    >> weeks!

    'kin joke isn't it.

    Steve, Apr 14, 2006
  4. "helix" <> wrote in message

    > Like to know whether IHUG having download issue lately?
    >
    > It appear ORCON and Slingshot are having speed problem for the last couple
    > of
    > weeks!

    I'd like you know what you define as a "speed issue"

    National Slow?
    International Slow?
    P2P Slow?
    Web Slow?

    please give realworld examples.....

    Thanks
    Craig
    http://www.nzdsl.co.nz <- Check out the new Speedtest Page (tests download
    AND upload speeds now)

    Craig Whitmore, Apr 14, 2006
  5. helix

    gimp Guest

    helix wrote:
    > Like to know whether IHUG having download issue lately?
    >
    > It appear ORCON and Slingshot are having speed problem for the last couple of
    > weeks!

    my home ihug DSL is perfect, like it has been for the last year - trying
    to convince work to cancel their CRAP orcon account and go with ihug.

    gimp, Apr 14, 2006
  6. helix

    EMB Guest

    helix wrote:
    > Like to know whether IHUG having download issue lately?
    >
    > It appear ORCON and Slingshot are having speed problem for the last couple of
    > weeks!

    My home ihug account is running faster than usual at the moment - I've
    had several international downloads running at 200kB/s+ over the last 48
    hours. And the ihug connection at work is kicking the Maxnet connection
    there for throughput too.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Apr 14, 2006
  7. helix

    juicyjuice Guest

    well it international web for me defiantely, i don't use p2p .. but i just
    tried the new speedtest on nzdsl to test national

    and got 1640kbit
    then 960kbit
    then 940kbit

    i ran the old test a few weeks ago, and always got around 2100-2200.. just
    ran the old one again.. 834kbit

    my router says connected at 2560kbit - and i can dl from ihug ftp at full
    speed.. just nowhere else.. weird..and still only 8kB/s from ausgamers.com!

    juicyjuice, Apr 14, 2006
  8. helix

    Steve Guest

    On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:58:30 +1200, Craig Whitmore wrote:

    > "helix" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Like to know whether IHUG having download issue lately?
    >>
    >> It appear ORCON and Slingshot are having speed problem for the last couple
    >> of
    >> weeks!
    >>

    > I'd like you know what you define as a "speed issue"
    >
    > National Slow?
    > International Slow?
    > P2P Slow?
    > Web Slow?
    >
    > please give realworld examples.....
    >
    > Thanks
    > Craig
    > http://www.nzdsl.co.nz <- Check out the new Speedtest Page (tests download
    > AND upload speeds now)

    Download Speed: 1028 kbps (128.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 56 kbps (7 KB/sec transfer rate)

    Pretty sh*t for a 3.5mbit connection. And Half what my 2mbit connection
    used to run at.

    Steve, Apr 14, 2006
  9. helix

    Stu Fleming Guest

    Steve wrote:

    > Pretty sh*t for a 3.5mbit connection. And Half what my 2mbit connection
    > used to run at.

    So pretty much as predicted, given the engineering ratios and cable
    qualities involved...

    Are Tui going to come out with an ad:
    "3.5Mbits across uncategorized copper cable. Yeah right."

    Stu Fleming, Apr 14, 2006
  10. helix

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Stu Fleming wrote:
    > Steve wrote:
    >
    >> Pretty sh*t for a 3.5mbit connection. And Half what my 2mbit connection
    >> used to run at.

    > So pretty much as predicted, given the engineering ratios and cable
    > qualities involved...
    >
    > Are Tui going to come out with an ad:
    > "3.5Mbits across uncategorized copper cable. Yeah right."

    "But things will be so much better with 24Mb/s ADSL2+"

    -=rjh=-, Apr 14, 2006
  11. helix

    ~misfit~ Guest

    gimp wrote:
    > helix wrote:
    >> Like to know whether IHUG having download issue lately?
    >>
    >> It appear ORCON and Slingshot are having speed problem for the last
    >> couple of weeks!

    > my home ihug DSL is perfect, like it has been for the last year -
    > trying to convince work to cancel their CRAP orcon account and go
    > with ihug.

    They need convincing? Sheesh!

    Just as a comparison, I downloaded a bunch of drivers (50MB+) from Leadtek's
    US site at 2:30am this morning on my Actrix 2Mbit connection and got a
    consistant 250 kB/s download for the few minutes it took.
    --
    ~Shaun~

    ~misfit~, Apr 15, 2006