Ihug sold

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Chris MAyhew, Sep 16, 2003.

  1. Chris MAyhew

    Chris MAyhew Guest

    Chris MAyhew, Sep 16, 2003

  2. Chris MAyhew

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Gib Bogle" <> wrote in message
    news:bk5sk5$12t$...
    > Chris MAyhew wrote:
    >
    > > The country's third largest Internet provider, ihug, has been sold to
    > > Australian internet company iiNet in a cash and share sale valued at

    A$72
    > > million....
    > >
    > > http://www.nzherald.co.nz/latestnewsstory.cfm?storyID=3523772

    > Remember when at the height of the dot-com craziness they turned down a
    > much bigger offer? I vaguely recall such a thing. They must be pissed
    > off when they think about it.

    Why? don't you think they would of made some $$$ since?
    Craig Sutton, Sep 16, 2003

  3. Chris MAyhew

    P M Guest

    "Gib Bogle" <> wrote in message
    > Chris MAyhew wrote:
    >
    > > The country's third largest Internet provider, ihug, has been sold to
    > > Australian internet company iiNet in a cash and share sale valued at

    A$72
    > > million....
    > >
    > > http://www.nzherald.co.nz/latestnewsstory.cfm?storyID=3523772

    > Remember when at the height of the dot-com craziness they turned down a
    > much bigger offer? I vaguely recall such a thing. They must be pissed
    > off when they think about it.
    >
    > Gib

    They turned down an offer of $500 million.
    P M, Sep 16, 2003
  4. Chris MAyhew

    KS Guest

    > $300M wasn't it?

    July 1999 - Sky TV announces plans to buy 30 per cent of ihug for about $30
    million. The Wood family makes the National Business Review annual Rich
    List, with an estimated wealth of $75 million.

    February 2000 - Tappenden Holdings, the investment vehicle for Alan Gibbs
    and Trevor Farmer, completes purchase of a 10 per cent stake in ihug
    reportedly for $10 million. Force Corporation proposes to issue 210 million
    shares to buy ihug, valuing the company at $120 million.

    NZ Herald today.
    KS, Sep 16, 2003
  5. Chris MAyhew

    paulsy Guest

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:31:43 +0000 (UTC), Roger Johnstone
    <> wrote:

    >The entire ihug team will continue to run the business and support
    >centres. That means we'll remain focused on delivering you high levels
    >of service at competitive rates.

    pfttt...they aint that competitive.
    paulsy, Sep 17, 2003