    Joy Guest

    Today ihug is slow as, anyone else having to put up with this?
    Joy
    Joy, Mar 10, 2007

  2. Joy

    Rhino Guest

    On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:53:17 +1300, "Joy" <> wrote:

    >Today ihug is slow as, anyone else having to put up with this?
    >Joy

    Working fine here in Auckland. I have just d/led a movie via usenet
    at 1.9mbps on my 2mbps link.
    Cheers, Rhino
    Rhino, Mar 10, 2007

  3. Joy

    GraB Guest

    On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:53:17 +1300, "Joy" <> wrote:

    >Today ihug is slow as, anyone else having to put up with this?
    >Joy

    I have been finding the same. Tell IHUG about it and they will tell
    you to check YOUR settings.
    GraB, Mar 10, 2007
  4. GraB wrote:
    > On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:53:17 +1300, "Joy" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Today ihug is slow as, anyone else having to put up with this?
    >> Joy
    >>

    > I have been finding the same. Tell IHUG about it and they will tell
    > you to check YOUR settings.

    Good speed before 10am, crap speed from 10am onwards. At least it seems
    like we currently can use our off peak quota. Not long ago over night
    downloads were painfully slow.

    The Other Guy
    The Other Guy, Mar 10, 2007
  5. Joy

    Craig Shore Guest

    GraB wrote:

    > On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:53:17 +1300, "Joy" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Today ihug is slow as, anyone else having to put up with this?
    > > Joy
    > >

    > I have been finding the same. Tell IHUG about it and they will tell
    > you to check YOUR settings.

    It could be your exchange backhaul overloaded, and if it is there is
    bugger all any isp can do about that.

    Craig Shore, Mar 11, 2007
  6. Joy

    GraB Guest

    On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:43:51 +0000 (UTC), "Craig Shore"
    <> wrote:

    >GraB wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:53:17 +1300, "Joy" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Today ihug is slow as, anyone else having to put up with this?
    >> > Joy
    >> >

    >> I have been finding the same. Tell IHUG about it and they will tell
    >> you to check YOUR settings.

    >It could be your exchange backhaul overloaded, and if it is there is
    >bugger all any isp can do about that.

    That is what I had some time last year but after sending IHUG various
    speedtest results, down to dial-up speed, they must have said
    something to Telecom about it and I quickly found myself hitting 2600
    kbps. I think I was shifted to a different DSlam.

    But a week or so ago when the speed suddenly dropped again, IHUG was
    insistent on me checking my settings. They gave me a site to test my
    modem at but I have never managed to connect to it.
    GraB, Mar 12, 2007